Kingston Mobilelite and Octatrack

So I did manage to get my Kingston Mobilelite to connect with my OT MK1 today. I am now browsing my CF card on my iPad!

I am getting a 64gb CF card to load up before i go too much more in depth, but it works and its so good for anti laptop folks like myself. (Yeah my ipad is pretty much a computer but shrugs)

Just a heads up for anyone looking to transfer samples and stuff from iOS to OT.

6 Likes

Can you organise your files on OT from iPad? Always wondered this

YES! you can

1 Like

I know Ive asked you before, I was just double checking cause you said you weren’t sure last time haha, thankyou for confirming :+1:

Which Mobilelite version did you get? This one?

1 Like

I have the standard G3, not the pro. Pro has 64gb of onboard storage

1 Like

Sorry for the silly question but do you connect Octatrack to this via USB? Does the Compact Flash card stay in the Octatrack or do you put it in this to then browse and transfer samples on the iPad?

I connect the Mobilelite to the USB port of the OT, no removal of CF necessary!

Its quite handy.

2 Likes

$25 on eBay in the US right now for the G3 model FYI

2 Likes

Are you able to move sound files off your iPad on to your CF card?

And more specifically, can you move them from AudioShare on to your CF card?

You can move them from AudioShare, but all transfers take place through the MobileLite app

2 Likes

Sweet, you just made my day!

Lately I’ve been making loops in Auria and have been hoping to discover a simple way to get them into the OT.

1 Like

Im stoked about it as well. I have a huge backlog of little loops and song ideas from the past year of ipad noodling that are great raw material for OT jams

1 Like

Any trick to getting it to show up (admittedly only tried it for a few minutes last night)? I set up the mobilite and connected with the app. I plugged the USB of the :elot: into the USB “A” slot (standard B to A that comes with the :elot:). Switched the :elot: into USB storage mode but nothing showed up in the Mobilite app.

I’ll try again tonight but wanted to see if there was some trick you figured out to make it work.

I was having trouble at first, for sure, but what worked for me was connecting my ios device to my mobilelite wifi, and then connecting my OT and waiting for it to show up, it took about 45 secs of waiting but then shows up

Thanks, I’ll give that a try tonight after work.

Good to know. I ordered one of the $25 one’s @Airyck posted about (thanks! :grin:), it should be here in a few days.

I’ll let you know how it works out for me, too.

Its workaroundy most of the time. i have no problem moving single samples over but still looking for the secret to whole folders into the offline files section of Mobilelite app.

Whats ur workflow looking like for moving folders into the CF card? I am trying to amass a huge edited sample collection sorted by folders and then move it all over in one fell swoop, but getting my folders from Audioshare into the Mobilelite App is being a fucking bear at the moment

I am having trouble getting the USB (Octatrack) icon to show up. The MKW icon shos up and I am connected to the device (3 white icons on the top are lit.I have been following Gaia.Trees suggestions but I cant get it to work consistently - any tips are much appreciated.