Kickstarter - The Buzzzy! 16 voices - 4 parts chiptuner

I backed this one on the Kickstarter and quite like it when I got it - surprisingly decent sounding oscillators and filter for what you pay. Thing is I tend to only use 2 or 3 synths per project and I’ve had another couple on the go so I’ve not yet got around to using it extensively but hopefully will soon. Only slight downside was that it’s not the best for tweaking in multi mode so I’d been planning to stick to using it as a 2-part synth and hard panning each of the voices and then treating them separately for FX or the like.

Any more feedback over the last 18 months or so ?

Seems like a nice compact VA extension for model:cycles or model:samples .

I like it it’s a great way to add 4 “parts” to a setup. I use it mainly with my Digitakt or my Midiphy Loopa. It’s got 16 voices. It’s inexpensive. It can do percussive sounds and cover pretty much the whole chiptune sound palette (even more so if you apply bit reduction on the output). It’s one of the synths I will keep for my portable setup, alongside the Micromonsta 2 (which is basically a VA Prophet Rev 2) and the 1010 Lemondrop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got my Buzzy in today. Wanted something to drive my vocoder.
It was tricky to get it sounding half decent, then I recorded a bit and posted here.
Definitely has some nice sweet spots.

2 Likes

The Buzzy is rad. On its own it sounds huge. It’s loud, filters are cool, decent fx. Fairly easy to get used too. For 230 it’s a great deal.
I’ve been wanting a poly for a while, but something small, not a full keyboard etc.

I have t even got to sequencing it yet with an elektrin box. Definitely need to dig into that.
As well as mapping some knobs to control things.
Seems like it’s the perfect fit for my AK that’s already driving a SlimPhatty.

2 Likes