Kicking off the weekly Syntakt JAM

I want to push myself to produce more from scratch - so I’m kicking off a “weekly Syntakt Jam” self-imposed challenge. I might use other pieces of gear in the future, but I have decided that the Syntakt must be the star in those productions.

Here is the kickoff! I keep my Syntakt in the living room, and I’ve been going back and forth, adding and removing, and having fun with this track, which was born Monday.

I’ve made five patterns, one intro, two quiet parts and two busy ones. I use song mode to make a rough arrangement, and I use manual track mutes and tweak parameters along the way and record into a Zoom h4n pro. I have processed the audio in Ozone Elements for loudness / EQ/mastering.

I tried to incorporate both quiet and busy parts and vary the sounds a bit between each pattern. Hope you like it!

(PS. Shameless plug; I have 14 subscribers on my youtube channel, you can be number 15!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Second Jam - I’m surprised that i made it in time - I got a new toy this week, the Korg EX-800 from 1984. A paraphonic synth in module form. I had the Poly 800 as a kid - so this brings back memories for sure!

The Syntakt is blowing my mind - it can store 4 midi notes for each step on the sequencer. This enables all kinds of chords and voicings. Another pleasant surprise is that the Korg responds to program change messages- so I can prepare different patches on it for the patterns on the Syntakt.

Finished this week’s Jam and Shipped it. I worked with the radio communication and the Apollo 13 crew that almost had a fatal accident on the way to the moon. I got the Generation bliss Mk2 pedal this week - I hooked it up to the Cue bus on the Octatrack, so I can route anything to it, including the Syntakt. I can then re-sample from my thru machine that takes the audio back in. Very flexible!

1 Like