Keep Analog Rytm or get a Drum Module (Pearl Mimic Pro, ATV AD5

Greetings Folks,

I have been thinking about selling my Rytm and using the funds towards a Pearl Mimic Pro, or an ATV AD5.

I am mainly a rock-pop musician and I only use my Rytm for drums triggered by an older Yamaha e-kit.

I had hoped to use it with midi for some synth sounds, but I have a Korg KingKorg and Yamaha MoX6, so I don’t really have a big need and I’d have to learn the process.

I have a ton of samples. Lately I’ve been bummed about my snare having the machine gun effect/sound.

I don’t like the endless sample sorting and related stuff in order to trigger Rytm samples midi on my Yamaha DT Xpress e-kit. Takes me away from recording. I am old school- no DAW, I suck at programming so I play every instrument.

I don’t want to spend 2 grand but I think it would give me the best drum sounds, with setting options, FX, sampling if wanted, etc… and when I think about all of the time it takes to learn the Rytm stuff, mess with samples, etc… it may be worth it for time considerations, ease of use, fun, sounds…

Any thoughts?

If you’re after acoustic emulation and analog synthesis means nothing to you, then replacing your Rytm with a module like the Mimic would prevent that whole sample upload workflow for you.

I just purchased a Rytm, and looking forward to using it with my yamaha DTXM12 as a trigger interface.

Cheers

1 Like