Kastle and A4

Hi all. Is anyone using the Bastl Kastle with the analog four? I am looking for some advice in how best to control it via CV.

I have had some success. I am using a stereo 6mm jack to 3.5mm from CV C/D input into the kastle I/O port. And have tried setting the volts per octave with limited success to the pitch mod. I’d really like it to pitch notes “correctly” but this is not always in tune and only had a limited range of notes if it does at all.

I have a also tried R ouput to LFO RST and also via a value output to modulate settings but not entirely sure how best to use it. Or how to send clock. Have had great fun but am I expecting too much of the kastle’s melodic :slight_smile: possibilities?

I am very new to CV so any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Steve

Any luck with that? I want to do the same thing

Hi Marfz

Not that much more success than that above.

Mostly I think the kastl is good for drones and pitching manually. Some very nice spacy/sci-fi ambient tones.

Have to confess i have Not yet recorded it into any of my tracks and not used it much recently…

I got it out for a bit of a play last night so I could try and reply a little more accurately (but will fail!)

As mentioned above tracking varies and only works over a short range with any proximity to tones/semitones while controlling it’s pitch via the A4’s keys or an external controller. In this sense it can be sequenced but depending on what type of music you are trying to create may not be that melodic.

Have had some success as mention above with trying to trigger the lfo start but this intermittently works.

A couple of other things that I felt the kastl is missing are a volume control (not an issue when putting it through a mixer or the A4’s inputs) and a gate that could be triggered by CV. I suspect however there may be workarounds by using the A4’s cv controls.

I need to have more of a play!

How are you getting on?