Just got a Machine Drum - My initial thoughts/mini review

For microtiming… But really just an initial offset of trigs on a track: use swing applied finely to only that track, cleared from the rest of the tracks.

It eats up the global swing, but you can go into the swing page and clear all current trigs globally. Then specify your offset track instead of “all” and populate all trigs instead of the default even-numbered trigs in the track previously. Then finely adjust the swing amount. Too bad there’s no ctl machine for the swing amount eh, could redundantly ram rec and stack offsets over time

Also, a direct LFO on the note parameter of a MID machine doesn’t work for me for some reason, but using a control 8P machine assigned to MID:Note, and assigning an LFO to the 8P:P1 in turn moves the Note. This in tandem with the pattern transposing on the monomachine is pretty amazing if you assign it to the multichannel on the mnm. Whichever one globally triggers pattern playback transposed to the input midi note; pretty sweet for lofi ago composition. Just stumbled on this and was cheesin on it, wanted to share, although the mnm seems to get a nasty delay, hope it’s from not using the turbomidi as it is not being used. Will test n report; cheers

3 Likes

Is this right? It sounds the wrong way round?

If you haven’t messed around with “ctrl all” yet, you’re in for a treat :relaxed:

You also forgot to mention: No trigless trigs!

^

Cool tip. Could you explain this a little further please? With some settings

you are trigging the mono from the md with an lfo on pitches via ctrl8
From there you have the mono on multichannel

What also works for me for smoothing out a BD or to remove click/attack on a BD, is to use the EQ.
Reduce Gain singificant and scan thru the Freq to find your spot. This also preserves the punch.