Just found out you can't play polyphonic on all four tracks

I really enjoyed this set. Are you relying on performance macros for the effect changes or sequencing most of that stuff?

1 Like

Man, really inspiring! Drum sounds are great - any pointers there?

1 Like

this is just a4?
12 minute mark is amazing.

1 Like

7:00 minutes is right up my alley! Nice stuff…

1 Like

Yup, performance macros are in heavy use! Pretty much all parameter changes done in real-time.

I love my A4 but I’m wishing for an Analog Eight.

5 Likes

@dobermate: Thanks for the listen! A few are my own (vs. most of the synth sounds) but by and large I relied on a few choice third party packs (will check names and get back to you). One trick that I like to use is to create an 808 type sub with a short decay assigned to pitch to create a kick and then p-locking the length of the the amp sustain to create a bass/kick interaction on a single track.

Edit: It’s surprisingly complicate for me to identify exactly which drum sounds came from which packs but some of the collections I use are: Kimura Taro FM and Mod Drums and probably a few from Floppydisk Pirates. The other commercial libraries I own are Elektronoso Vol. 1, Escape Tones, and Next Level. Sorry if this list isn’t very helpful but I can say with certainty that Kimura Taro is a solid place to start for drum sounds…

@steve-b: This set is all A4 mki recorded in a stereo take to Live. Thanks for the kind words!

@Adam9: Thanks for a listen!!!

4 Likes

Long live MONO.

1 Like

Gary is excellent.

:ok_hand::ok_hand:

Much appreciated :blush::+1:

nice work. good macro planning and usage. i hope you keep posting more stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, and sorry to sidetrack, but everything on my YouTube uses Elektron as the core. As a teacher by day it’s hard to keep up the work as a night crawler sometimes…

1 Like

when you live record a polyphonic sequence with all 4 voices used it’s easy to rebuild the exact same chord structure by reducing the poly voice allocation to mono and turn up the 5th setting on the sub oscillator.

4x4

2 Likes

I was really bummed out to find that the pattern reload function does not work properly - or not meant to work - on song mode.

Before I bought it, I had planned on using it to make lengthy patterns to tweak live to the point of it becoming unrecognizable. I then planned on hitting pattern reload function to get back to my base song.

No matter what I did, all I could reload was the first bank - the rest of my patterns were changed permanently due to live tweaks during song mode playback.

A lot of work has to go into inputting certain conditions to make a 64-step pattern sound unquantized. I like linear sequencing on pattern based sequencers, and I just couldn’t do it on the A4 MK2.

One more general voice question

If I want to be flexible and play polyphonic on the A4, on all 4 tracks, with the least/smallest chance that I will run out of voices (depending on how much / timing of sequences), what is the best setting?

tick al 4 voices in the polyphony setup, and then for allocation: reassign?
suggestions are welcome!