Just bought the RYTM Mk 2

first thing I noticed was , there is some movement upwards with the pads , they move together up and down, is this normal?

yep

1 Like

Hi, I just posted a similar question, so I am guessing this is normal to have the whole 12 pads move up and down a little, especially on left hand side

Prodding mine and I can see movement from one pad to another. I’ve not been inside the Rytm but it usual to have pads like that constructed from one piece of material. I’ve never had any operational issues like poor or re triggering etc. I wouldn’t worry about unless it’s that bad that it’s causing triggering problems.

2 Likes

thanx , no probs when using it and after a while I forgot all about the movement, just a little surprised at first , I upgraded from the MK1 and could not remember this movement on that model

1 Like

Confirmed

This is normal

They are not meant for finger drumming like the mpc

If you bought it for finger drummin it is the wrong machine I am afraid

1 Like

thanks, bought it mainly as an up grade from the MK1 …just as long as it´s not broken… very happy with it though

Yep. It’s a single sheet of pads

2 Likes

thanks, thought as much :slight_smile: the MK1 pads were really stiff anyway, these are way better

Enjoy​:+1::wink:

1 Like

:grinning:thank you !

hi,
just thinking about your your second question concerning midi, I would say the fluctuation is normal, I sync machines together a lot and sync machines also to cubase. There always seem to be a fluctuation on the slave machines roughly the amounts you mentioned. When recording the audio or playing back the machines everything sounds in sync. hope this helps

not having any experience with an mpc. can you please explain? what are they meant for if not finger drumming?

1 Like

See page 23 of the manual:

• Track selection and muting
  • Parameter control in PERFORMANCE mode
  • SCENE selection and editing
  • CHROMATIC play

These capabilities are additional to them being velocity-sensitive drum triggers.

don’t see why they didn’t use smaller pads in that case. i intend to further fingerdrum the shit out of it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can easily finger drum on mine (MK2)

2 Likes

me too it´s pads are excellent :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They take some time to soften. I felt they were way too hard initially.

2 Likes

okay, thanks, my machines still quite new, but the sensitivity seems really good