Just bought M:C...are the T1-6 pads really supposed to be this hard to play ?!

Just got my M:C yesterday, cool.
Everything is as expected – except the T-16 ‘velocity sensitive’ pads. They are very, very hard to play.

That is: I have to hit them very, very hard to get an audible sound. I can hit the trig keys to hear full volume, and that is plenty loud. But the T1-6? I have to POUND the crap out of them for what I’d call ‘standard’ playback! The hell?

Yes, I know I can go in and change the settings, but I’m still shocked out how seemingly poor the velocity sensitivity is – whatever the settings are.

When I watch YT videos of the samples and cycles, it seems like the video creators are just tapping the pads to get playback. But maybe they aren’t? Maybe it’s hard to tell in a video how hard they are actually hitting them? I dunno, but man, coming from Maschine, where the pads are extremely sensitive and a light tap will trigger a sample, it’s very awkward to have to hit the thing this damn hard to get even a normally playable level.

So far I’m just focusing instead on using the Grid Recording and trig keys and avoiding ‘playing’ the T1-6 pads.

But, ideally I’d like both options. Is my hardware ‘faulty’? I can imagine one or two pads being ‘faulty’ – but all of them? Seems unlikely.

But I just want to confirm that this is, in fact, ‘normal.’

The level is so low when you ‘tap’ a pad, that at first I thought something was wrong, that the T1-6 were not in fact triggering sounds at all. It was only later I realized that no, they were triggering sounds when I tapped them, but so quietly that I hadn’t even noticed it.

ok, repeating myself.
thanks,
-m

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why is Elektron soo bad at Pads