Just bought an analog heat!

No Question. No Comment. Just bought one and i’m super pumped.

17 Likes

Genuinely happy for you. I love mine.

3 Likes

i want a second Heat someday. I use mine all the time. Love that lil heater

2 Likes

Just so expensive… I’d buy one for 500€… and even that is too much for me right now…

I’m looking for a third right now! They are unbeatable, I always run everything through them except my Summit. I really don’t know how a person could try one and not love it, it blows my mind when I see one for sale!!

1 Like

Have you considered an OTO Boum for a different color?

4 Likes

Nah not really since the Heat has like 10,000 colors depending on the drive and filter circuit settings, not to mention the eq, and I’ve gotten pretty good at getting what I like out of it, it’s a total chameleon! I would like to try one though!

2 Likes

you really should get one. at least before getting a third Heat, lol. they’re different enough to both be useful. they were kinda hard to find about a year or so ago but not so much lately. I see them for $500 used pretty regularly.

1 Like

mostly mk1 though – I’d want an mk2 :dizzy_face:

I think he was talking about the OTO Boum.

2 Likes

I’m also a new AH owner and really loving this thing. Really can’t think of any other gear that can do all the things that the AH can do.

I’m curious how you guys use the AH.

As a mastering chain effect? (gluing stuff together)
Or as an effect on individual voices/tracks to add some grit and presence?
Or something else entirely?

1 Like

Both. when I jam I have it on the master, often subtle on one of the first 3 algorithms, when I’m adventurous I set it to saturate more and play with the dry/wet during the jam.

Then in my hybrid setup I record parts (not necessarily single tracks) live to the computer from my jam setup, and there most often go through the analog heat and use it creatively. That brings so much joy and bliss!

2 Likes

On literally everything, subtle sometimes and wild other times. Drums, synths, master, it works on everything. Distortion is awesome, the envelope follower is awesome, the filters are awesome. It’s a mistake to use it as a static effect, I’m constantly changing the settings during a jam.

1 Like

As a send effect on my mixer, to add grit and colour to selected channels, typically hats, snare, leads.

1 Like

At the “end of the chain”. On the main outs of my OT. It’s also my soundcard

1 Like

-End of the chain spicer.
-Midi Cc sequenced filter/drive/panner -as prt of DT/DN projects.
Mid/side drive/saturation eq tool in overbridge

• shape audio before it hit’s the input of theDT sampler to fill the +drive with pre heated/eq’ed samples.
2 Likes

These are all great ideas!!! I love all of these. I’m really excited to bust out my M:C. It was my first piece of Elektron Gear (i’ve gotten a DT and DN since) and i’m betting i can get some really awesome sounds running it through the AH

1 Like

I keep wondering if there could be any way to make the control ins into a second audio in pair. That way I could use it live as a basic bus mixer (OT & synths on one input pair, drums on a second) as well as all this other amazing stuff. I assume the circuit/wiring won’t allow for that…

2 Likes