Juno-6 sound on Digitone

Yes, but OP wanted to get close to a real analog Juno so Roland’s meticulous digital version will get much closer to that sound.

1 Like

Haven’t hear the sounds but I remember recently bumping into this one, maybe worth a try!

2 Likes

Nice track. My brain is just going right ahead and adding a loon sample to it.

2 Likes

This makes me wonder how the DN would sound through the MC 707s Juno Chorus. I thinks thats another reason I should rebuy a DN… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the support. Digitone can do some pretty solid pads. Running it through a Juno style chorus would be best, like others have stated.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they said in the manual or the product description that the chorus is already modeled after the juno chorus… I wonder how different they would actually sound? It’s not as noisy… but the effects on the digitone are really really good.

I find the best to get a Juno sound with the Digitone, is to run a Juno through the Digitone, clean.

8 Likes

I look more like you than you do.

@Airyck especially if we run you through a Juno chorus

1 Like

Being run through with a Juno chorus isn’t a bad way to go :laughing:

I have a friend that says if he knows when his time is up, he’s going to jump into the ocean with a bunch of meat tied to his head. Because it’s way cooler to be eaten by sharks then by worms.

3 Likes

Sort of related, Red Means Recording has a Juno Brass patch in his Digitone pack. Also I ran across this interesting “Moog” howto for the Digitone. You could adjust this patch and get close to some Juno strings.

6 Likes

I remembered this too, but can’t find any online reference to it…

Here is a short video of the Digitone “analog” capability. Inspired by Roland Juno serie, and other classic analog synths.

24 Likes

These sound really great, congrats! If my DN sound banks weren’t already packed, I would definitely buy it.

Ess mentioned it in the NAMM video with Cuckoo when the Digitone first got revealed if I recall correctly.

1 Like

use both Geometry packs as my starting point on most tracks, especially for the basslines. highly recommended

(I recognize many of these sounds but would be helpful for reference if you had a patch listing so I can go back and explore individual ones specifically. thanks again for the great work)

1 Like

Re-posting this, not mine, but has good Juno-style sounds

4 Likes

The digitone keys factory sound bank has a Juno-inspired preset called JANOPAD FP. I found it to be a nice starting point for all things Juno & paddie.

Open up the envelopes a little to get something like this—

11 Likes

just want to say I bought these sound sets yesterday. SOOOOO GOOD. They open up some sounds that I was unable to achieve with my own meager sound design skills.

2 Likes

I bought it and it is great for those analogish sounds.

Another trick I was able to discover is the use of any kind of distortion in DN output. Of coruse DN has its drive, but external warmers like my OTO BOUM make the result more hot.

1 Like