JoMoX Alpha Base Analog Drum Synthesizer

thats the spirit lol

3 Likes

Creme colour tho :weary:

ā€¢ was hoping theyā€™d go for something a little darker.

1 Like

awesome device from what weā€™ve seen at Superbooth. Jomox is always something special - in a way. But their devices are expensive; the Alpha Base prolly being at around 1800 ā‚¬ in germany with tax. Nope - waaaaay out of my price range!!

4 Likes

It sounds so goood :scream_cat:

And itā€™s pretty.

Init. Be nice to hear some more stuff in isolation. Like the fm biz with some parametersā€¦ that kick in parts is devastating, typical jomox, the filters sound nice too tho when he starts sequencing them in parts.

Fair play to him managing to get a performance amongst all that Noiseā€¦ you can hear from about halfway thereā€™s another beat blaring nearby to contend with :robot:

2 Likes

Does the Jomox person release any music? Under what name?

Please watch this from 6 min 30. Would love a translation of the ten seconds of MCin if anyone can. Mega. :smile:

ā€¢Jurgens face when the interviewer mimes a jam on the box :raised_hands:t4:

4 Likes

Holy crap those loops were hot. The GAS is strong with this one

Yea but his beats are hotter. No more craft beers and Starbucks for me. Office coffee and miller lite until I get this monster

7 Likes

When I sold my jomox 999, I only regret the kick. The OS was so poor with no more development to improve it or at least correcting the bugs, that was a pity. A such beautiful and powerful drummachine not being finished, a real shame. I told myself no more Jomox.
But here, listening to the cool and hot prog, it recall me the good moments I had with 999.
The cool thing would be that the OS been finished and quality one. This would makes me a potential customer.

4 Likes

I think I can cope with something a little more streamlined and old school feeling now after being spoiled with super OSs from wizzā€™s like elektron. In the end I realise endless options kill my creativity, I canā€™t think when thereā€™s multiple ways to achieve the same goal.

I can cope with it not being as slick as some in the software because most of not all the parameters are on the front pannelā€¦ Iā€™m not interested in endless updates now, just something that does what it says on the tin, and most importantly sounds solid without loads of post treatment. Like the originalsā€¦

We live in an age where companies undeniably leave glaringly obvious features out for there own reasons, then release another box to fill the endless feature requestsā€¦ This promises to do everything it takes a combination of high end drum boxes to doā€¦ so I feel it justifies the price. As long as it works, I can forgive a few awkward quirks.

Not much on the sampling side yet butā€¦ Small business + genuinely old school passion about Techno = I have faith he can pull it off. : )
He is undoubtably aware what people say about his old OSā€™sā€¦ Heā€™d be nuts to develop this, and ignore that, tho tbh I canā€™t remember what my main beefs where now, I can tho, remember feeling like a boss when jamming on it : )
Genuinely wishing him the best with this. (And working out what I can live without in the studio)

5 Likes

Sounds really good. Iā€™d take digitakt over it in a heartbeat tho for many reasons. sample time being one of the main ones.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

haha classic that interviewer :joy:

sounds dope thošŸ‘Œ

1 Like

Plenty for drums tho eh : )

(Edit) Considering itā€™s just an extra option. As a stand alone drum sampler DT will be better for sureā€¦ Deffo not in competition tho as far as I can imagine.

ā€œNo more craft beers and Starbucks for me. Office coffee and miller lite until I get this monsterā€

fair call.

3 Likes

Clearly, the XBase 999 OS wasnā€™t finished, and the basics functions of the Drum machine wereā€™nt assumed. I should had bought the old Jomox XBase09, i would have been more satisfy.

ā€œWe live in an age where companies undeniably leave glaringly obvious
features out for there own reasons, then release another box to fill the
endless feature requestsā€¦ This promises to do everything it takes a
combination of high end drum boxes to doā€¦ so I feel it justifies the
price. As long as it works, I can forgive a few awkward quirks.ā€

I prefer a simple Box that does what itā€™s sell for, and really does it. The awkward quirks makes me regret the money i gave. I would like the products function and have their total abilities explain since they are on thje market. When i pay, my money is real and complete. It doesā€™nt malfunction when the guy i paid with want to pay.
The main error, IMHO, is not to produce simple and efficient boxes, or being prisonner of the race that consist in being the first who propose the gear on the market. In the same point of view, the research of the all in one gear is a dream that wont be realised before long.

3 Likes

Man, that box sounds dope ! Any idea what happened to that reduced cost pre-order ?

2 Likes

Yepā€¦ I hope this ā€œis what it isā€ with only slight refinements to the workflow, where necessary without the need for promised enhancements down the line.

Iā€™d have been happy without the sampling inputs tbh given thereā€™s a card slot, really does seem to have every base covered as far as what a drum machine could beā€¦ tho I donā€™t think weā€™ve been made fully aware everything it can do.

Hopefully soon a respectable reviewer gets hold of one.

1 Like