Joining the club

They seem to have it in stock but it’ll cost $50. I’ve requested a partial refund from the seller to cover the cost and offered to send back their power supply. We’ll see how it goes. Rather be safe than sorry, especially with how much these cost.

1 Like

That sounds like a good call. I’m surprised it works with that PSU. It’s not enough amps and way too many volts.

2 Likes

Way too many volts indeed!

Do not plug that thing into your MD any more.

Check Amazon for MD MK2 3rd party power supplies, (not MK1)

5 Likes

welcome! :slight_smile:
Did you replace the knobs on your own? How much did the replacement cost?
I have the UW mk1 as well and the knobs are a bit wobbly :slight_smile:

just ask the elektron support, I received mine for free :wink:

2 Likes

New knobs will fix wobbly ones ? Cause my MD I bought a few months back has some drunk ones they so wobbly :grimacing:

I suspect that is the metal part of the encoder that is wobbly, not the caps, so it would need a service.

3 Likes

No, it came with the upgraded knobs, which was a nice treat.

I’ve had the obbly knobs issue several times and I’ve always fixed it myself. Basically, all you have to do is unscrew the aluminum plate and use a tool to press down the clips that serve as hold-downs for the potentiometers. You can do that for example with a screwdriver. I would not send the device out, but if you are not sure, you’d better do it.

2 Likes

You can easily remove the buttons and put them back on. But it is important that you put them in the right way. The outer shape of the potentiometer is the same as the inner shape of the knobs.

Oh well I guess it’s time since the battery is also low, thank you.

Thanks, I might give that a try but most likely will send it in for repairs since according to my wife I’m a bull in a Chinashop… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ah okay :smiley: Yeah to be safge, just send it…
Or maybe your wife should try it :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha yes that’s a great idea :smiley:

Ah yeah if you aren’t confident, definitely send it in. I’ve opened up an MD before (got damaged in transit, luckily shipping insurance covered it) and it’s not hugely simple to disassemble

1 Like

This seems obvious, but nothing should be moving around in there right? When I tilt mine so the back faces down, and back upright again it sounds like something is sliding in there.

Ok, yes thanks I will not even try since I’m just an expert at breaking stuff :flushed:

Nice tipps, thank you. I will look into that.

Correct, that shouldn t happen. It s def an issue if it s a metallic, conductive thingy floating around…