Jogging House - Ambient tunes with Analog Four / Cocoquantus / Cassette

Edit:
Instead of creating new topics with every track, I thought I’d gather all ambient tunes that are made with this specific setup in one thread.

I recently got an Analog Four MK2 and put together this rather lofi setup to get to know it. All sounds are originally from the A4. Some were sampled and looped with the Fostex four-track recorder and the Ciat Lonbarde Cocoquantus. Both machines go back into the A4 to add FX. The A4 is also opening & closing the Coco’s inputs via CV.

Hope you enjoy the music

18 Likes

thanks for sharing these new sounds, the bass is growing on me, and with the beautiful fuzzy sounds it creates a very interesting space. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Oh nice to see you around here, huge fan, got one of the last copy of Would, my girlfriend loves it!

This new song sounds great too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for listening (and the support). :pray:

At the moment I’m having a lot of fun exploring the A4. And this little setup really suits the machine. I will probably stick with it for a bit.

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing this!

2 Likes

Hey! I just added a new track ‘Wounds’ to the top post. Hope you enjoy it. Have a nice Sunday!

1 Like

How’d you create that pad sound in track one. Sounds poly?

Real nice!! Man

1 Like

Thanks for listening!

@Oilboiler
On the four track recorder each track contains just one single note drone. Together with the sounds of the A4 they form chords. I routed the four track into the Cocoquantus’ inputs which also have VCAs. So the A4s CV envelopes can open and close those inputs and thus fade in the chords.

This is beautiful.
The tones are fantastic, the performance on point. It all falls into place nicely.
Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. I find this combo leads to different sounds and tracks than usual. It’s a lot of fun exploring it.

1 Like

Looking forward to experiencing these sounds and seeing how you work.

1 Like

Aaand Seil Records finally became featured on Bandcamp Daily.
Well deserved!
Next Goal: Bandcamp Weekly.

6 Likes

Hey! Thanks so much for sharing this. I’m super proud of Sofie’s album and how much people are liking it. And to be honest, it is a bit of a relief that we finally made it onto the Best New Ambient list, I was starting to doubt it would ever happen.

Did not know there is also a bandcamp weekly :slight_smile: But yeah, let’s make it there, as well!!!

5 Likes

Bandcamp Weekly even includes Interviews. Lots of interesting music there.

CDM Peter Kirn should take notice too.

3 Likes

Well, then this should be the next goal. Thanks a lot!

1 Like