Jogging House - Person EP / Digitone, Digitakt, Eurorack, Tape

Many, many thanks. :pray:

love it. as usual.
curious how about how you work w the digitakt/digitone…
which songs are the dt songs?
are these songs sequences via the boxes and just recorded?
if so, how many patterns does a song usually take?
to my ears, sounds like it could just be one pattern with brining parts in and out.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Every track I ever made with the Elektron boxes is just one pattern :slight_smile: I find changing patterns confusing as many sequences have trig conditions and I never know where I’m at in each track after changing the pattern.

I usually play around with the sounds a little to see which fit together in what part of a track and then I simply hit record and let it happen without too much planning. Sometimes I might need a few takes but I like that the end result is different everytime. Of course, this method is easier with simpler setups.

All tracks are sequenced with the Digitone/Digitakt. The modular system as well. The Elektrons drive basically all sounds except a few the are occasionally brought in and out with clock triggers or LFOs, etc.

Occasions & Time were made with just the Digitone. Say is made with Tone and Takt. And the other three are made with the modular system and the Elektrons.

I kinda take it as a compliment that it is not clearly audible what is made with big or small setups. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just uploaded a video for the first track of the EP and added it to the top post. :v:

No Spotify? :frowning:

Soon.

2 Likes

Revisiting the 3 Digitone-only tracks (Occasions, Time, ~Say) for a Sunday evening bath :heart:

1 Like

Wonderful :slight_smile: