Jogging House - holds

Hey! I’m very happy to share ‘holds’ with you. An album inspired by photography. Searching for beauty and hope in the mundane - and trying to hold precious moments forever.

Available in a limited cassette edition with fold-out inlay, showing pictures I took on walks during the making of the album. Downloads are free (name your price) for the first two weeks.

Gear wise, it was made with the rather minimal setup of Plumbutter, Cocoquantus and Digitone. Effects are OTO Bim and Bam. I recorded the tracks in single takes to 1/4" tape.

I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!

23 Likes

Excellent news to start the day! Love the way you’re merging music and photography, they’re also my 2 main passions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! Photography has become a big part of my life and brings me so much joy. Love it.

2 Likes

I think photography and instrumental music in particular have much more in common than one would think… they’re both snapshots of moments in time, and they give you just enough information for you to make up your own stories.

7 Likes

That‘s a perfect comparison. I feel the same. You compose something vague that lives on by itself once you set it free.

1 Like

Bought this earlier today and listened to it on a walk round the park – lovely stuff, just the right amount of dustiness :heart:

3 Likes

Fantastic. Two of my passions also.

Just out of curiousity, what camera setup do you use?

1 Like

Thank you very much, @spikysimon& @DonovanDwyer Super glad you enjoy the music.

The photos for this album were all taken with a Fuji XT3 and a 35mm lens (50mm on normal sensor). But in the last 2-3 of months, I mainly used an old Nikon FM2 film camera with 50mm lens.

3 Likes

Nice. The X100F is my main camera these days. Can’t beat those X-Trans sensors and film-based color profiles.

3 Likes

So nice to find other Fuji fanboys here! :grinning: The x100 is a brilliant series, I had the T and the F models but currently I’m rocking the X-pro3.

(sorry for hijacking the thread, @boboter !)

2 Likes

I’m rocking a Fuji X100F too. Only thing that beat it in the fixed lens ‘street’ category is the Leica Q. But then it should do for the price!

Back on topic: I intend to get this release later on tonight. I’ve been looking for more music in this vein for when I’m writing. Cheers!

5 Likes

I think we should create a photography thread to geek out on that subject! :wink:

4 Likes

Haha. X100v reporting for duty. Had the OG for a long time but I always said I’d upgrade if they made it weather sealed.

1 Like

Always wanted an FM2. One of the only mechanical cameras (batteries are for meter only) capable of multiple exposures.

Digging the laidback vibe to the first track. Good so far.

2 Likes

Thank you!

The FM2 has been nothing but a joy to use so far. It’s simple and so focused on the essentials that I feel completely zen when shooting with it.

1 Like

Feel free to share your photographic geekery here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/photography-geeks-gather-round

4 Likes

What a great piece of news to wake up to! I look forward to hearing it.

1 Like

Haven’t got through it all yet, but I agree, based on what I heard so far.

1 Like

Purchased! There are some excellent vibes and awesome atmospheres on here @boboter :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated. :pray:

1 Like