Jogging House - be - modular ambient album

Today I am happy to share my new album ‘be’ with you. Released via Seil Records, it is available on vinyl, cassette & digital. With downloads being free for the first two weeks. It is an effort to look past all worries, an exercise in being true. Dedicated to the memory of my father.

All sounds were made with the compact modular system based around analog sound sources that you can see on the photo. Processed and looped with Cocoquantus, Blooper, Generation Loss, Bim & Bam. I sequenced the tracks with a Digitone and recorded them straight to 1/4" tape in single takes.

Thanks for maybe checking it out. If you do, I hope it will bring a bit of warmth to your hearts.

30 Likes

Listening now. Lovely stuff, as always.

1 Like

Bought the cassette - listening to the digital version right now. It’s good!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your support. Glad you enjoy it.

Ordered the Tape. I Just Love your Label! So much great music there!

1 Like

Many thanks! Hope you’ll enjoy it. :pray:

1 Like

So comforting and beautiful.

How you liking the Blooper? Did you use it much for this album?

1 Like

Thank you! I Iike Blooper a lot and used it on all but one tracks on this album. To me it is more an inspiration device and not too much a ‘normal’ looper. It is great for changing pitches, resampling and just seeing what you might end up with. For regular looping and adding layers, it is in some ways overkill and in other ways inferiour due to the shorter recording time.

2 Likes

1 Like

excellent as always!

1 Like

This is incredible stuff, like all your previous work that I’ve heard. Are you going to post any videos of the songs from this album?

1 Like

Thank you! I did not record videos this time as I simply did not feel like it. But I was planning on making at least one video with some old public domain footage like I do sometimes.

2 Likes

Totally understand. Was just asking because my favourite kind of Youtube ”jam” videos are the ones where you have the Revox B77 spinning in the background.

2 Likes

Thank you all for listening and supporting! Today is the last day to download the album for free. Just wanted to let you know. Have a good bandcamp day. :heart:

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the album, thanks!

1 Like

Magic as always mate.

1 Like

Fantastic. Know what I’m listening to tomorrow! Been listening to loads of your stuff recently, really enjoying “would” at the moment. Also loving your Haunted Hearts soundpack for my new Digitone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, guys! Very happy you like the album. (And the sound pack :slight_smile: )

1 Like