Jamuary 2020 - any plans?

haha :smile:

I will try to do it this year…one small video on IG everyday. Using some elektron boxes and bass guitars mostly. (some moog and deepmind also)

If you want take a look
https://www.instagram.com/marcoderitis/

1 Like

Here is my contribution to day 1. Sampled a drone from my euro and made all sounds from that on DT. Digitone for some chords.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6xzUtdhTnF/?igshid=10q5ro54gdpab

3 Likes

Really like your stuff!

1 Like

Just Esq1 sounds and its sequencer and a microkorg arp dreanched in reverb

Edit: Shit get weird around 3-4min in

7 Likes

Thanks man! :+1:

You’ve got a very sick groove going on those hats mate :ok_hand:

1 Like

ok, pretty foolish, but I wanted a jamuary contribution :upside_down_face:
Ableton live mouse Jam.

10 Likes

Dawlessless?! That’s like DOUBLE good!

2 Likes

M32-DFAM-Lyra8
Moogerfooger Ringmodulator
Moog MF Delay
Koma Elektronik RH301
Live recorded in Ableton Live 10.

Drones. It’s practise for experimental dance/theater soundscapes I will be doing live in the future.

3 Likes

The good thing about jamuary …anything goes! And the core concept of Live is to Jam with loops, Tracks, whatever makes your boat float!

4 Likes

true. In the end, I use Live and elektrons the same way.
Input notes, make loops, jam the arrangement.

4 Likes

nice!

1 Like

I think my only trouble with Jamuary is it really plays off my usual tendencies of just making a cool loop and then saying I’ll make that into a song some day… this year for Jamuary I’ll be happy if I make 3 well polished songs.

3 Likes

Isn’t Jamuary about jamming? It’s not called finish3tracks-uary :slight_smile: you put too much pressure on yourself.

Day 2: the lesser used tr8 and tb03 make an appearance alongside the mainstays of AH, volante and DT. This is a snippet from a 5 min jam. I’m enjoying just playing and not fucking about in ableton.

4 Likes

My oldest friend gifted me a melodica for Christmas.

Melodica.Digitakt.Microbrute.GreenGuitar.Flatwounds.Fuzz,

Also the first track I’ve ever tried to master, I ruined the low end. Nice!

4 Likes

I missed January 1st, but heres a long loop for the second:

Got the melody from messing around with polyphony on VCV rack, synths are serum and bass station 2.

6 Likes

I’m kind of in the same boat, I’ve basically done a Jamuary type of deal for most of the last three months. I have finished 6 or 7 songs but not really sure how I want to release them.

This was recorded near Puerto Banús, Marbella, just a few minutes before the sunset

5 Likes

Tried making something abit hard that can work on a dancefloor. I always end up with too long songs when jamming. Pretty rough but had fun doing it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes