Jamuary 2019

The whole band jamming!
Analog Keys and Octatrack

2 Likes

One example of, well, 31 in all. You can check them all out at:

or

2 Likes

damn 1 minute instagram videos. I had to rush :slightly_smiling_face: will record a full video for it, I like the groove :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heh, it was torture a few years ago when they were limited to 15 seconds!

1 Like

haha. i know. still too short sometimes

1 Like

Just kicking it a little in the studio.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Another quick track here. Just the Digitone and Machinedrum UW working on this one. Going for a lo-fi, static type, upbeat feel. Enjoy!
2 Likes

Hi! I Recently finished this track. 80’s inspired Bobby O meet soft EBM. I used Machinedrum and Digitakt for all the drums/percussion. Enjoy :slight_smile: https://soundcloud.com/psyrrox/dance-with-kemal

1 Like

This is a very quick jam in the park, all done in a few minutes. We didn’t want to skip the daily recording!
The Deluge is very portable and it works on batteries. You can take it with you to quickly record a jam in a little break or in the bus while going home.

4 Likes

Ep.14 Deluge slices and live drums.

We sampled and sliced our own Ep.01 in little chunks. Then we reordered them to create a new groove. Live drums joined to the party!

3 Likes

#Jamuary2019 OP1 lofi beat mixtape, sorry for the cross post, forgot about this Jamuary thread

4 Likes

My jamming is shit and there’s no way I could come up with some of the awesome stuff on here but this thread has massively inspired me to get playing.
In the space of a week I’ve gone from looking at my Digitone blankly to having about 20 minutes worth of a live set put together on it.
It’s not very good and I’ll never play it anywhere public, but I’ve really enjoyed myself and I’m learning a lot about the Digitone and how to manage transitions with a very minimal setup.
Hoping to have about 45 minutes worth by the end of the month. Even if it’s shit it’s still an achievement, and all because I watched a few jamming videos…
Keep it up, if only for my enjoyment.

7 Likes

UNF

(i’m still 17 for 17, check out my other ones while you’re there)

2 Likes

I have to say it’s being very hard to record everyday (we have skiped 3 days by now). But it’s very rewarding. Sometimes the videos you put more work or think are top, are not the best received videos by the public. And other times you are a little ashamed to upload something that is not good enough and you receive a lot of good comments…
Another obeservation is that this is the first time I am not obssesed looking at the Namm (news at all.

2 Likes

First time Jamuarying. :smiley: This is pretty raw and needs mixing, re-staging of gain (noisefloor is off the charts) but it was fun, and appropriately was just some live jamming. Also the percussion needed to be brought out more… TB-3, TR-8, Digitone, TC Flashback X4.

2 Likes

Analog Keys plays the melody. Octatrack for background samples. Fender Jazz Bass. Drums + Roland TD6

3 Likes

7th track submission for #Jamuary. The lead line is a little louder than I wanted and couldn’t really re-adjust after tracking. It’s Jamuary though, so you have to commit. Also tossed in a bridge for some more variation. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Finally recorded something. Never sound quite as good after you’ve recorded it, but oh well! A4 + Rytm.

7 Likes

I also have the feeling that it always sounds much better from the headphones of the machines. Is the influence of the conversion so big? I guess depends on the audio interface