James Orvis - Monthly Live Stream 001 (HOUSE / TECHNO / MELODIC)

Heres my first monthly live stream! Next one is on the 6th October (Facebook) - https://www.facebook.com/JamesOrvisMusic/
www.jamesorvis.com

3 Likes

Yeah, some really great tracks in there. That’ll be the soundtrack to my Saturday morning… Thanks for sharing.

What is the device with 2 dials bottom right in the video?

1 Like

Hey Kalimari, thanks! The unit at the bottom is the Pioneer RMX-500, the newer version of the RMX-1000. I got it to help with transitions and builds when playing live, the right side is build FX and breakdown FX, white noise, dub delay filter, flanger, delay etc. The left hand side has tempo FX, kinda like Ableton beat repeat and it also has samples like snares, claps, hats etc so you can do percussion rolls and fills. I really like it and its added a bit more umph to my live set making drops more free, rather then pre programming build and drop FX with clips. Mainly its for the white noise and delay.

Love it. Would be great if you could share more details on your wokflows pre and during performance. Looking forward to hearing the next one.

2 Likes

Yeah agree, can see you’re developing your skills/setup, it always good to get the low down on the process/choices along the way.