Jack stuck in input

Theres a jack stuck in the right input of my A4 and i don’t know whether to use extra force to pull it out fully. It comes out half way before it sticks.

I blame elektron for making sticky inputs! Do they not know I’m a professional! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some advice would be awesome.

Happened on the same day a jack tip broke off in my mbp! Fuck!

Hi -

This happened on my Octatrack. I was able to thread a long self tapping screw into it and pull it out most of the way, while gently prying the metal contacts out of the way. It was tricky but I was able to get it out.

I cut a piece of rubber cable insulation off a old firewire cable and put it over the screw to prevent the threads from damaging the inside of the jack. Once I got it halfway out I was able to wiggle it out the rest of the way with a small flat precision screwdriver.

Of course the only reason this worked is because the part of the plug that was stuck inside was hollow and I was able to grab it from the inside. Depending on how much of the plug is broken off in there you may have different results and may have to use other techniques.

1 Like

Lol, oldest profession in the world, eh. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Jack,

I had the same problem. Thank God I had enough plugs and I found the right one.

Test a few plug then it could work.

What do you mean by mbp?? Sorry i don´t now :confused:

Have a nice day.

Nightgrap

Hey man, thanks for the reply, ill give that a go on my mbp, but on the A4 the whole cable is intact, it feels as if the tip might break off if i try and yank it :slight_smile:

Yank is a tad strong, but it seems i would need to apply a fair bit of pressure before it will come free… Ahhh…

I assume he/she means MacBook Pro.
Sorry to hear about your issue! I’ve never experienced it and thus have no solution.

Try twisting/turning the cable as you are pulling on it.

After i calmed down a bit, chilled out for a few days away from the studio i came back in today and tried Baddcr and Mezz303’s suggestions. Popped it back in then pulled it out wile gently twisting trying to keep it as straight as possible and it came free!

Thanks lads, just the laptop left to attack, cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like