Izotope Ozone Elements 8 deal - Free with a 1$ purchase (Now expired?)

Absolute noob question here: is Izotope Ozone Elements 8 a standalone program, or would I need some other audio software to use it?

I don’t use a computer or DAW at all. I record audio from a mixer to a tascam recorder and that’s it.

But I can see the value of mastering and this seems like a way to try it on the cheap.

2 Likes

As far as i’m aware Eric, it’s just a plug-in, so needs a daw :slight_smile:

1 Like

I decided to just double check this (actually this prompted me to look for standalone mastering options), and it seems Ozone 8 does have a standalone application after all.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/izotopedownloads/docs/ozone8/ozone-app-overview/index.html

Thats Ozone 8, Ozone 8 elements is different and is a single module, there is an elements package I believe can be used stand alone but the one in the offer is a plugin only :+1:

1 Like

Even if it were standalone how would you obtain a mastered file?

Just bite the bullet and get Reaper, if only to host Ozone.

from the article linked above:

Exporting Audio

Once you have applied the specific audio processing to your imported audio file(s), it is time to export the files. A new copy of the audio file will be saved, with all of the processing from the Ozone modules permanently applied to the exported file.

But as @DavyP says, it’s a moot point as it only applies to the standard edition, not the elements editions

1 Like

:+1:

Ha - I noticed the same thing. Maybe it has to do with Elements being a disk image, where with Quadrant, it was the entire plugin in a zip. Either way, looking forward to trying both out in the near future.

Quadrant has a bunch of sample content inside IIRC

I found a code for Cubase Le in my Zoom r16 box that I bought recently. I can’t Pm at the moment as my accounts on Noob status so if you Pm me I’ll take a picture of the code and send it to you. :wink:

1 Like

Having done some preliminary test A/Bing the Ozone 8 elements maximizer and UAD Oxford limiter, I’m sticking to my Old goto… Probably just user error on my behalf, but the Ozone maximizer sounds absolutely hobbile in my tests. Kills the lowend punch/definition somehow…

1 Like

Pm incoming- thanks!

Btw how you finding the zoom (if it’s not too off topic)?

1 Like

Code sent :+1:

It’s really handy for creating demos and creating tracks live with no computer. You do need to be careful with the levels when using modular gear to avoid clipping/distortion but for the amount I paid for it I’m really happy with it :slight_smile:

Extra bonus is the built in tuner which is great for the analogue sequencers.

1 Like

Shame it didn’t work out. Maybe it’s something that needs a bit more extra tweaking after it’s initial settings :slight_smile:

For any other luddites like myself without a DAW (although thanks to @DavyP for the Cubase LE code), but who want to see what difference mastering makes, this Izotope plug in seems to work fine with Audacity (so far for me at least).

You don’t need to know a thing to get started. (It’s up to you to decide if that’s a good or bad thing!) Just open your track in Audacity, select the audio, open the Izotope plug in, apply a preset and see what it sounds like.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s the case. Will give it another go next week when I’m back at the computer.

after doing some research (found a related article on another site reviewing the cool off) the Coupon Code actually arrives within 24 hours.

i thought it would be immediate, but anyway i’m pretty amped, scored three quality plugins at a highly discounted rate.

Cataract (for intelligent glitch tweaks and more)

Vocalizer Pro (already have a vocoder but this one sparked my imagination with the 8 midi chord memories per patch)

… and the recently released SphereQuad (syncable trigger filter sequencer with a quality flanger, phaser chorus).

1 Like

Check your spam folder, mine arrived right away :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’ve been checking the spam folder frenetically for an hour or more … it’s funny how easy it is to fret about something when it isn’t even required yet, as my tracks are nowhere near ready for release.

super keen to try out the new effects though.

1 Like

Mine was spam too.