I've released a new album today - Attune - Arcades (trip-hop/downtempo)

My younger brother and I released our third album as “Attune” today.
Once again, we went back to our roots of late 90s / early 2000s trip-hop, downtempo when we were totally in love with early Bonobo, Four Tet, DJ Shadow, Amon Tobin etc. etc.

This is the style of music I tried to produce when I first started making music on a laptop and it always feels like coming home, when working on Attune tracks.

The main production tools were - many, many samples, guitar and bass guitar, Ableton, Octatrack, Roli Seaboard and an Ipad (I actually love garageband).

Hope some of you will have a listen and enjoy!
Cheers.

27 Likes

Sounds good from the brief snippet I listened to! Going to cue it up to listen to in the gym in a bit.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Hope it gives you a relaxed stay in the gymn :slightly_smiling_face:

Loving it. Thanks for sharing. How did you get these lively drums? They’re right

1 Like

Congratulations on your new album. Great job, really enjoying it. I like “Arcades” and “Fluid” the most. Unfortunately for now I could listen to it at work only on crappy headphones. When I come home I’ll listen to it on proper headphones.

1 Like

It did, very chill! I especially liked Erhu, which with the slide guitar-type stuff has a kind of future western vibe. Maybe could have come off the Firefly soundtrack. I think perhaps in future you might like to get a vocalist to work with – some of these tracks felt (to me) like some vocals could work really well and add to them.

1 Like

Congratulations, this is really great. You have definitely nailed the 90s Ninja Tune vibe.

2 Likes

Looking at the influences - really well executed! Love the instrumentation and vocal sample on Genoge.

1 Like

Thank’s so much @Misanthropic_Friend, @spikysimon, @monomatik, @JCFAX81, @subdatum :heart:

Most of the time, it’s either a chopped drumbreak or drumloop, layered with some programmed drums, or quite often several drumbreaks layered over each other, EQ’ed differently to match each together…
I’ve found that it’s really hard to program natural sounding drums. You can get close but hard to nail it. So using drumbreaks is just an easier way to get that feel. If you chop them in eights or quarter notes you preserve the feel of the real drummer.

Thanks for the feedback! I often thought about this, and some people recommended it in the past as well. I’m just not too much into vocals generally anymore. I love a few vocalists, many get on my nerves quickly :see_no_evil: We always liked to keep Attune instrumental and only add some vocal chops here and there. But if we might come across the right singer, who knows.
I could totally see that it might fit more people’s taste if we had vocals on it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is just my cup of tea, great stuff :ok_hand:

2 Likes

That’s great! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fisrt post here on Elektronauts, this is good music, some tracks have a nice groove. Really enjoyed the bass sound and play !

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for choosing my thread for your first post :grinning: And thanks for the feedback of course.

Welcome!!!

1 Like

Super duper!

1 Like

Thanks @Ryan :black_heart:

1 Like

My favourite Track is ‘Nobody’ I could imagine that being used in a film. Nice work!

1 Like

Thank you! One can dream :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! Really nice job :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you @romanicks !

Enjoyed that! Nice one :slight_smile:

1 Like