It's Time For A Track Challenge, Strangah

Uhmmm nice challenge, probably the best excuse to finish a track! I’m in for a dnb tune. See you later. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Had some time to kill over the past couple of evenings so thought fuck it, I’ll do another bunch of samples from the show and put that Octatrack to use. Per usual with these things - all sampling, slicing, messing about and arranging done on the OT. Just a straight recording into Ableton.

Absolutely nothing spectacular (I think I like my other track better) but was all getting a little too quiet for my liking on this track challenge so with the weekend ahead, do me a favour and get an entry in will you. I set off with good intentions to meet the genre requirements but just can’t get a single thing I like when forcing myself down those avenues! Sorry!

4 Likes

I’ll upload my sub par jungle deal later tonight to add to the pot. Track challenges are difficult for me as well because I don’t have as much freedom like I normally would.

Thanks for being the brave one @J0n35y , loving the chopped up samples feel

2 Likes

Not sure about brave but thanks! Probably “bored” more accurate - been an age since I’ve managed to find 2 or 3 free evenings in a week for music. Actually think it’s due to my oldest’s football being off for the close season - unbelievable how much time that frees up! - and definitely big thanks to Love Island which is occupying every bloody evening for the missus! I feel dirty thanking Love Island…

4 Likes

A little later to the party than expected, but here is something I worked on. Not my best work, but it’s always fun chopping breaks. I need the practice anyway! Enjoy

8 Likes

Nice, did you use an OT to chop up the breaks?
I tried to do some chopping up of breaks with the Digitakt but got bored and ended up doing another Gabber track.

2 Likes

All the breaks chopped on the Machinedrum. Wish I had an OT :sob:

2 Likes

Well, you got a hell of a lot closer to the genre requirements than I ever did :joy:

Good stuff though! Enjoyed that.

2 Likes

Dunno how I didn’t see this thread until today. I’m gonna have to get my act together and get something out on this one…

2 Likes

You still have plenty o’ time.

I need to stop slacking on my end and get this wrapped up.

3 Likes

I’m such a liar…

3 Likes

Yes! That sounds like something that’d belong on the Trainspotting soundtrack!

2 Likes

High praise indeed.

I’m on the fence with it.

2 Likes

Well I enjoyed it - and I’m generally not a fan of the genre so consider that a fine compliment!

And at the very least, we got another entry!!!

1 Like

I fucking hate the genre.
Just my luck I’d be good at it…

EDIT:
My wife thinks it’s shit.
I think she’s right.

3 Likes

My missus thinks all my stuff is shit :sob::joy:

3 Likes

My missus doesn’t even know my shit is shit because she refuses to acknowledge its shitty existence…:disappointed_relieved:

Great track! Got some good energy behind it. Nice break around 2 minutes in with the vocal samples.

3 Likes

Shit. That track was great, @Fin25. Nice job and I agree it sounds like it should have been in Trainspotting.

2 Likes

ping to remind everyone that we’re less than a week to go on our Stranger Things.

4 Likes

I’m almost done with mine, I’m so close! I also have another idea in the works, only 16 bars so far, but if I complete the first track in the next few days, I’ll try finishing the other one too.

I had a lot of fun playing with the sounds from Stranger Things, a lot of great material :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes