It's Time For A Track Challenge, Strangah

Not sure…is noisy, sloppily produced music that most find unlistenable Drum and Bass? If so, I’m really great at Drum and Bass :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, too busy! I don’t know Stranger Things anyway. Have fun! :content:

1 Like

:+1:

Sounds like a fun challenge. I can try and squeeze some time in for this one, but the sampling might be sparse on my end. I don’t have a proper sampler, though I could use my MD UW to do some minimal sampling. I’ve also only seen the first 4 episodes of Stranger Things, so I’ll have to catch up on it!

1 Like

sure, i am always up for a track challenge :sunglasses:

i have never seen this stranger things thing, but will watch a trailer tomorrow and listen to the soundtrack / theme

2 Likes

Yea, I’ve never seen Stranger Things, but I heard it was really good & I heard it has a good soundtrack… a lot of synths

1 Like

Yeah yeah. Synth heavy sounds, Ford Pintos, D&D, Radio Shack CB radios, Donkey Kong, frozen dinners, Eggos, etc.

2 Likes

Here’s a decent summary of the first season with no spoilers.

7 Likes

Can I sample Billy Joel’s “The Stranger”

2 Likes

Oh No! It gets bad right in the beginning? Seriously, that Drops my Motivation to watch it to Zero. The second season felt already worse than the First.
A series should become better with every season, or at least keeps the Niveau. Well in a few days i am heading to Cracow for vacation anyways. 4 Weeks No gear. I will Bring only my Zoom fieldrecorder and a couple of SD Cards. Hopefully my Soma Ether too If it arrives by time. Curious though what you Guys will come Up within this Challenge. I liked the Soundtrack from the First season a Lot. Reminded me of my teenager Times…

1 Like

I’ve never seen Stranger Things. I am an old jungle head though, so maybe…

2 Likes

OK, count me in. I’m on hols for another week so will squeeze some time in to come up with something that will almost certainly not meet the genre requirements :joy:

Will stick to Octatrack only though as per usual!

2 Likes

Nice! I’m new here, and having a chance to participate in a challenge seems like a great starting point!
Most people with whom I talk in daily life don’t really get drum&bass vibe, so ofc I’m going to work in this direction.

4 Likes

Im down! thanks for the tag, dont want to miss this one!

1 Like

Hang on… so, do you have to use samples, or can I just use the same synth patches they use?

ps. Disco?

1 Like

Use any combination of instrumentation you want as long as your track contains recognizable elements from the show, whether that is samples or melodic themes is up to you. Genre specifics and other requirements are detailed in the 1st post.

1 Like

I’ll try. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

4 Likes

Step 1: watch stranger things for 15 hours

2 Likes

The last 2 days I’ve been combing through episodes picking out samples. I found nearly all of my source audio in 3 episodes with a few bits from a 4th. Previously, I had never listened to this show with headphones but this weekend I found a new appreciation for the work that went into the audio. I can’t wait to get the chains put together and get to work with the sequence. I think I’m going to stick to using my OT and perhaps a single monosynth for flavor.

3 Likes