It's Happening..... the Portal is Opening

Did you just assume Cthulhu’s gender?

Anyway, I just received a phone call from a mysterious number and when I answered it; there was a voice that just said “Goodbye”. Was that the portal opening? Is this real life?

3 Likes

That’s a more frightening story than Lovecraft can write, I’ll give you that.

2 Likes

That’s funny, I actually hadn’t heard of Lovecraft until I made my own music video for a Mr. Bungle song like 15 years ago… and eventually shared it on YouTube, where someone left a comment saying that the video was reminiscent of the Cthulhu mythos. I guess I have tapped into something here!

I would share the video again, but it would most likely just get taken down, sadly.

Edit: haha! My work was loved. It’s not available online anymore though, to my knowledge. The one linked in that thread (by IllusionoeL) is not mine. https://www.reddit.com/r/MikePatton/comments/17ntft/mr_bungle_goodbye_sober_day_music_video/

5 Likes

I must see your bungle, where can I observe it up close?

Was it claymation like that green jello video for 3 little pigs?

2 Likes

I just recognized how freaky this is! Because of that phone call… and the song is called Goodbye Sober Day, yet my video is simply titled Goodbye. Just as the voice on the phone stated.

No, it’s not claymation - and I wish that it was as great as that Green Jelly video. I did play around with claymation a lot around those years, but I couldn’t do that for this one due to certain constrains. This was completed as a project for a digital imaging class in college.

The assignment was to make a photo slideshow with fancy transitions, including family, friends, pets etc. set to a song of choice. I decided to run with that and made a music video using Ken Burns style panning and zooming. It included very many photoshopped images of a large assortment of Mighty Max figures as the characters. There was some clay involved, but it’s not claymation.

I’m not really sure how to get this video close enough to your face for viewing enjoyment at this point, but I’d be willing to try.

Edit: This became even freakier a week later now, because I just happened to notice that Mr. Bungle is going on tour and they’re visiting my area, so I finally get to see them play live! Aghhh!

2 Likes

that song is very zappa-esque, I can only imagine cross panning and vaguely banal imagery of the cartoon characters making it a little creepy. sounds entertaining, too bad the internet didn’t retain a copy!

2 Likes

Is this in relation to the fact that it’s the great Maya Angelo’s birthday?
Has she come back to bring the great reckoning?

2 Likes

4 Likes

image image

Ooooh, that’s right, it is Cthulhu.

4 Likes

I don’t know why, but I’ve got the strangest urge to go watch Little Rascals. Weird…
Screenshot 2023-04-04 160003.jpg

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought it possible, but after just listening to that speech I’ve come to the conclusion that we might have given Cthulhu a bad name.

1 Like

Listen to what makes you happy, ignore the nonsense!

2 Likes

unless nonsense is what makes you happy and then listen or make some of your own!

2 Likes

not even one sentence was sample worthy, just the same ole hits :pleading_face:

Sad to report that I have reached the stage of my life where I’d like to post Goatse to this thread, but apparently “good” judgement is preventing me from doing so.

4 Likes

hahahaha

sad day indeed

2 Likes
2 Likes

Spock penned the hymnal.

Hashtag… nevermind

1 Like

There it is folks. Summed it!

1 Like