ITB mixing. But... if you could have 1-2 pieces of nice hardware for mix/master?

Anyone here using the trident 80 EQ 500 series module?

Okay, hereā€™s a fun way to put together a 500 Series wish list, check prices, etc. I knew they did eurorack but didnā€™t know they did 500 series.

modulargrid.net

FYI, if you are browsing via brand name, the ā€œother/unknownā€ category has a ton of manufacturers in it.

Which tape deck do you use, and which types of casettes ? I really like your sets, sound very professional - did you re record your sets via the tape deck or from the daw to casette and then back ?
Individual stems, or the master sum? How often do you use a casette ? (Overdub, or for every project a fresh casette?)
Only one side or both ? Sorry for all this questions, but i still have a 90ties technics deck here, and think about putting it into use again.

1 Like

I donā€™t use real cassettes :slight_smile: , but I use a bit of Vintage Tape emulation from iZotope on some of my stems in OT.

Thanks! I just use regular recorder Zoom H5, however I try to make high quality premastered stems to match a DJ mixes as much as possible :slight_smile: Itā€™s really a lot of hard work and a lot of tries and errors.

Something like that would be cool. Maybe try to record something and put a results online?

1 Like

You fooled me too with that tape sound. Guess if it sounds good it just sounds good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I had a tape recorder I would definitely try that for creating some weird lofi textures.

1 Like

i reckon a TC Electronics 6000 would be a dream rideā€¦

but all fantasizing aside, perhaps the stereo tube preamp called the Universal Audio 610. With both mic and line level inputs, i know from personal, joyous experience, this glass tube preamp pair do amazing things to the sound from the Machinedrum.

1 Like

Argh why did you post this? I went on reverb and saw it. so itā€™s two mono channels or can I stereo link it?

good question, i was just wondering the same.

i havenā€™t researched further about the UA 2-610 (logical name lol) due to having too many fond memories of my single channel 610.

i noticed a (used) 2-610 on Gearslutz for an asking price of $1300.

1 Like

I probably will jump on it soon. I gotta do my taxes. Hopefully i donā€™t owe this year

i bought a UA Solo 610 ten years ago and the most beautiful interactions with the MD bass drum would happen. Actually found some advice online that this was the way to bring forth the best qualities of the MD synthetic bass drums. Send the bassdrum out through one of the individual outputs, going into the line input of the 610 before the mixer or soundcard. The sound of Elektron and hot vaccuum tube glass. Priceless.

1 Like

Do you still have it? If I am sending mono samples just get a solo huh?

long story but i donā€™t currently have the Solo 610. anyway that is cool, one day i hope to purchase the stereo version.

the stereo output from any of the Elektron units would sound pretty fantastic through hot vacuum glass.

2 Likes

Ok tax refund looks good this year. Is t better to get a 6176 so i get an 1176 too?

yeah, and the option to link the channels when a stereo line source is the input

1 Like

BC1 with THD

Whoa

1 Like