[deleted]

[deleted]

First thing I’d try: Removing any MIDI cables - this sounds like a MIDI feedback loop to me.

1 Like

[deleted]

Wow scary.

Did you run the check while booting after the trouble was gone?
I’m thinking about the battery since it’s a MKI it can be old…

[deleted]

I don’t think there’s a warning for a low battery but IIRC the checking shows also the battery status.

Could it be a corrupted project?

In any case i would open a ticket with Elektron.

1 Like

I fortunately haven’t had issues while playing live with this, but on occasion the OT will act strange requiring a reboot. I call it the ghost in the machine. :man_shrugging:

Sure, sorry for you and your live. :grimacing:
No harware response at all?
I’d try external midi to check if you can control it.
I’d check internal ribbons.

As a reminder (it’s apparently doesn’t concern your issue as PLAY wasn’t working either), if knobs don’t respond, it can be because MIDI > CONTROL > CC OUT is set to EXT.

[deleted]

I got my OTmk1 in 2011, and after a few years of daily use (including a decent amount of touring) some of the buttons became intermittent. Sometimes totally non-responsive, sometimes they would respond every few presses, and sometimes they worked as normal. Not exactly what you’re describing, where they were non-functional for a while and then came back completely, but the mk1 buttons are a fail point. I replaced buttons one-by-one (I bought replacements from Elektron) for a while, but eventually too many of them failed and then I just bought another OT.

So anyway, I’m not sure if that’s what you’re dealing with, but I mention it so you can keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Ah, that’s different. Could you precise which buttons?
All mutes, function, play…more?

[deleted]

…sorry to hear that…
but nope…never experienced anything like that…
there’s one thing in ur routine here, that made me wonder…
never worry about overheating…just don’t really happen…even with strong pin spots aiming right on from little distance in a hot venue…promise…

so, once u soundchecked…LEAVE IT ON…!

1 Like

?

[deleted]

1 Like

I had similar experiences with 2 Digitakt’s. Before one gig my bandmate’s Digitakt just wouldn’t turn on anymore. Fortunately it turned on after about 20 minutes. The same happened with mine at another gig during the soundcheck… From this point on we lost our trust in these boxes. We still managed to play several shows after that without any problems. Otherwise we would have had to change our setup. We had no issues for 1-2 years now so we regained some of our trust in the Digitakt. But we’re still scared a bit before every show.

1 Like

This is a bit of a concern and I hope that you eventually get to the root of the problem. I agree with @reeloy that once you sound check and everything is working to leave the machines on.

On a similar note though… before every live show I have ever played - something has gone wrong but I managed to get it sorted before the show. Either the day before the gig or the day of the gig, the gear behaving bizarrely despite working flawlessly for months before hand.

There is something quite courageous / insane about performing live music with different machines operating in harmony and sometimes this is the price we pay. These machines are tough and sometimes have a glitch but we have to reset, repair and move on

Hope for the best but plan for the worst - :wink:

1 Like