Issue : Impossible to transfer any WAV files to Digitakt

Hello everybody !

I can’t transfer audio files from my CPU to my Digitakt. I tried with :

• Transfer : USB connection OK, but when I transfer a wav file into the DT it appear below but it doesn’t load. Then Transfer crashes.

• Elk Herd : Connection Ok, but when I transfer a file, the filename appears on the DT screen with an empty progress bar. Then Elk-herd stops the upload and prompt a “Transfer failed : Timed out waiting for instrument response.”

• Syx-lib : This test was more interesting. Syx-lib is an Android app which can send sysex to a midi controller and load audio files. Connection OK. I load my wav file and Syx-lib sends a sysex message to the DT. On the Digitakt’s screen nothing appears but the 1-8 keys light up and blink until the end of the transfer. But there is still no file in my DT.

I’ve successfully upgraded the OS to the 1.20A version with Syssexer (GNU/Linux).
I use an Elektron USB cable. I already proceeded to an empty reset and a factory reset. No problem to transfer any sample from DT to CPU. My files are quite short and encoded with Audacity (mono, 16 bits, 48kHz)

USB CFG : USB Midi
INPUT FROM : USB
OUTPUT TO : USB
FX CONTROL CH : OFF
AUTO CHANNEL : OFF
PROG CHG IN CH : 14
PROG CHG OUT CH : AUTO

I think the problem may be in the DT and not in the apps. It’s like something was systematically blocking incoming files. But I really don’t know what to do… Please, help me !

Maybe this helps: Elk-herd 3.0 beta: Project Import at last!

Excellent ! This script works. It was just a buffer size problem. So I begin to launch the script as root, then I turn the Digitakt on. Finally I launch Elk-herd (or Transfer). Thank you so much !

As you seem to be using GNU/Linux you could try Elektroid too.

Take a look at this thread for more information.

First connect the DT to your PC and turn it on. This will cause the snd_seq_midi module to be loaded into the Linux kernel. Then run the script to modify the buffer size parameters of that module.