Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

Three note “chords” with the feedback osc in poly mode with a little tracking on the ladder and some chorus :alien:

5 Likes

Let’s hear some of your magic!! :robot:

1 Like

Perhaps when I get off from work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you tried setting LEN to INF in Scale Menu? -> [FUNC]+[Page]

For this to work, there’s no point in using anything other than LEN = INF (or a number that makes it at least as long as the piece you’re composing).

But that isn’t the problem – the problem is the lack of resolution from only having 64 trigs to set microtimings on. Once the end of the 64 trig cycle is reached, it goes back to the first trig in the sequence, even with infinite length.

Ah, didn’t think it towards the end probably. Sorry!
Kind of impossible with Elektrons in their current form for sure. Also their implementation of song-mode wouldn’t do the trick.

1 Like

You could maybe offset the next sequence (next pattern)? so if your pattern length is 64 for example and you have one track being 60 steps long, you could offset the next sequence on that track by -4 steps.

Obviously given you only have two pattern lengths to work with and not applicable to every case but maybe a workaround.

1 Like

awesome synth, which never will leave my studio

9 Likes

wait what?? Braincell? is that you?

do you have a YouTube channel?

1 Like

I’ve tried all variations I can think of regarding micro-timings and pattern lengths and there’s always a problem when you reach the first trig of either the next pattern or when you go as far off-grid as you can with the micro-timing and the next trig is on grid. There’s either a pause or a shortened note when the next trig plays at that transition. So you can get “polychronic” sequences but there’s always some sort of interrupt IME so it’s not truly polychronic.

And specifically regarding your (good) suggestion, because this works best with a long or infinite master LEN setting, the pattern won’t change to the next pattern and just repeats the first pattern. And if you shorten the master length to be a the shorter pattern length, you run into the problem of the sequence resetting at the first trig again on the other track.

There may well be an optimum combination of tempo, time offset increments, trig number, pattern length and master length that works but I’d much rather the Hapax solution of turning a knob per track.

Hey, thanks for asking. I’m staying away from social media as far as possible usually… Elektronauts, Soundcloud an Bandcamp are the only places I‘m posting more or less frequently…

1 Like

yup, thats me ;))

2 Likes

Analog Four and Analog Keys are synthesizers with their own raw character, and the possibilities of creating new sounds are endless. Good knowledge of the equipment is essential, and creating your dream sound on the A4/AK takes time - nothing comes immediately, even if you have another expensive synthesizer. I had the opportunity to test the A4 MKII, but because I got used to AK I decided not to buy the A4, it’s a pity that Elektron didn’t release its new Analog Keys MKII synthesizer :frowning:
Here’s a demo version of a sound pack I created a few years ago on my Analog Keys.

Greetings for fans A4/AK :slight_smile:

5 Likes

hot damn! seen you couple of times at Boom, at least 2018/2020 for sure…
did you, uhm, played with DN there recently? that’s insane, seeing DN at such event :smiley:

Cool sounds! An AK mk2 would be perfect and an instant purchase.

1 Like

hehe, thanks… yep, played last time with nectarios (martian arts) with digitone and last time i played a ambient set with octatrack, digitone and syntakt plus microcosm for some textures… i actually switched my laptop setup with elektron stuff now, i just love that machines and they are reliable for live shows, so big fan here

6 Likes

man that’s amazing to hear, you can’t believe how much I appreciate artists playing live music, this is not common thing at all, especially at events of that size!

1 Like

what’s your Bandcamp and SoundCloud?

:green_heart:

1 Like