Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

you should try a single LFO cycle here with a long Reverb, EQ’d to be almost exactly like the source.

Just seen the price at Andertons its now£1299.
A few years ago it was £950. Oh come on this is getting stupid silly. I know why its happened but that markup is going to kill the game.

Side note Udo Super 6 is £2350 there. It was £1700 on release. Fuck Andertons!!

it raised to 1599 (same as rytm) a few months ago in Europe. at that particular day I bought the black MK2 with Decksaver for 850. excellent condition

1 Like

Mk2 has never been £950 in UK

The price was always between £1000 and £1100-increased to £1235 in line with inflation

We are entering into recession, prices will go even further up reaching a point where nobody will buy products that have become expensive.

Hence I expect the A4 to reduce in price again in 1-2 years time when the recession has hit its maximum peak

Cool sounds! I used the arp with legato at fast speeds to get these kinds of SID type sounds. It was the thing i missed most after selling my Mnm.

6 Likes

Chiptune with A4 :

18 Likes

It has actually. But i didnt buy it unfortunately. I had it in the basket from Andertons and changed my mind :frowning:

Probably in grey before black ones were announced- in 2019 maybe?

1 Like

Yes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lovely work!

1 Like

Thanks! Just need to finish it. hehe.

I’m spinning it up again and like it’s naked cleanliness. It could easily handle some vocals or some spoken word.

1 Like

A little something.

(Hihat is pretty meh, I have to investigate further how to make metallic cymbals on the A4.)

24 Likes

Hard to beat AR / ST Analog Cymbal machine with only 2 oscs imho.

What about creating an A4/AK topic for that ? I already worked on cymbals with OT and DN. Principle : Square waveform, with square fm mod.

DN

OT

OT topic.
Cymbals and metallic percussions synthesis lab

8 Likes

You’re forgetting noise + 2 audio rate LFO, and even PWM although it’s not that fast.
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lfos are part of the recipe. :wink:
And yes, noise help for cymbals attack, with lower S&H, but for best results, more oscs are welcome…

Also forgetting AM and Sync, sub oscs…

Btw I just made tests with A4, promising…

1 Like

I just hit play on this after forgetting I was routing my laptop system audio through my mixer and the big speakers turned up… thanks. :smiley:

(Sounds cool.)

2 Likes

That works amazing!!!
Quick test [A4]:

First example is two OSCs, second example one OSC. Both have a little bit of white noise added.

Yes I couldn’t decide if that’s a hihat or a ride.

18 Likes

:content: please post it here :
Cymbals and metallic percussions synthesis lab

1 Like

closed and open ride :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like