Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

A silly single track thing. Mind your ears.

13 Likes

recently whenever I have gas for something I always end up at the realisation my A4 is just way better than that at making the kinda stuff I want. no question.

and gas goes away.

don’t get me wrong, if the right new machine gets released I’ll be all over it like a rash :joy:
I’m still waiting tho.

7 Likes

Look at me. Yesterday I was asking about Rytm all day and now I’m back modulating wildly. :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Not mine, but beautiful

12 Likes

Hey !
I was reading the manual and saw that AM is still possible with external input used as oscillator. Does it mean that external sound can AM osc 2 ? Osc 2 can AM ext input ? Both ?
If it’s possible, I’m very curious to hear what it does on human voice.

That’s not the way it works unfortunately… quoting from another, fairly old but incredibly useful thread…

Have a look for more here: Amplitude modulation - #14 by _mr

8 Likes

It’s the other way around unfortunately, you can AM an external source.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer, the manual is not clear at all about this point.

It’s nice ! Thank you

So, I’m about to join your cult :upside_down_face: !
I’m going for a MKII, mainly to have the cv inputs and the new encoders. I was thinking about sequencing cv macros with the cv track and in the same time sequencing cv macro from AH+FX with the FX track, should be a lot of fun !

4 Likes

I really like the sound of A4, along with the sound design workflow on it, so much so I got a twin companion for it. I ended up selling the Novation Peak, in favor of the second A4.

41 Likes

ungh, double up, ungh ungh!

I’ve always wanted to do that with gear I really know well, like surely I will benefit from my workflow already being set. how’s it going with that setup? Do you ever try to load up a sound on one and be like, dang, that sounds on the other one.

2 Likes

Just received the second one today, so not much experience using the pair. The plan is to use the second A4 exclusively for the longer and slow running parts, pads/drones/fx, so probably 1/4 to 1/2 the BPM of the first. I think there are many folks who use these as a pair!

2 Likes

I also have two :slight_smile:

26 Likes

I bought one, but received two
I have sent one back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting. I somehow went the other way with my A4 and never tried that. Since I am disconnected from my A4 till weekend (possibly: the next one), can someone confirm, that this is the way to recreate PW Sawtooth wave from Alpha Juno? I always craved this sound and even wanted to participate in some thread, that requests features for digis with my request for exactly this wave shape. :thinking:

@taro has written a piece on this - could be worth a look!

9 Likes

Thank you! :pray:t2:

I’m heading there right now! 🫡

Edit: I checked the article, quite short, but it confirms exactly (including tuning), how I imagined this to be created. This also proves to me, how intuitive A4 is, despite its depth. At least: for me.

2 Likes

Looks like this was geared only for the A4 mk2? The settings don’t appear to correspond to the mk1.

Did you try it?
Afaik the only difference lies in the filter settings? But honestly, you’re asking the wrong person. Never owned MK1.