Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

Is the drawing yours ?
Either way, have fun…

2 Likes

yea just messin around in glitchlab :space_invader:
it’s a modulated photo.

7 Likes

Nice

I hope you’re proud of all the time I’ll waste in the future… :joy:

7 Likes

haha ace. glitch lab is the shit :sunglasses::fire:

1 Like

I find a4 mk1 amazing on its own and then when I link it up to other boxes it gets lost and I end up using only one or two tracks from it - but as a solo box it’s ludicrous fun

2 Likes

Just linking in here the goldmine that @Raeballz shared in a thread of an underwhelmed A4 user…who likely will no longer be underwhelmed.

6 Likes

Just bought an MKII, partly because of this thread actually. I bought the MKI on release and used it on several albums before I sold it. I have since owned another MKI and also a Keys. All sold long ago, but this one might stay a while.

I have picked up lots of great tips here and in the thread linked in the post above mine. I have yet to find a good tutorial on FM synthesis on A4 MKII. Anyone?

1 Like

It’s mk1 but still valuable

3 Likes

Personally I didn’t feel the video above was very helpful. But this over here might be a good thread to start.

Plus: Check the free soundpack Mini FM for some inspiration.

Edit: I might add that it’s definitely helpful to have at least some understanding of the what and how of FM generally. The concept of carrier/modulator can then be adapted more easily making use of A4s LFOs and envelopes. Once you got that, it’s possible to build 4 operator FM patches with cross or multiplied modulation.

2 Likes

Today I was demoing the A4 to my girlfriend as I have it at her house atm.
I was just trying to quickly show her the basic idea of how it works and how to use it in case she wants to try it at some point. I told her that this is more of a demonstration of the functionality than an attempt to create something musically spectacular and hastily explained the parameter locks etc to her.

The funny thing is that there we’re so many cool things that happened just because I wasn’t carefully adjusting everything but instead just kept on adding silly stuff on top of everything. Basically my point is that making lots of what would be usually considered idiotic patching decisions really pay off with the A4 and it’s so easy to forget sometimes.

It’s such a wild machine, holy shit…

22 Likes

Just another of these incredible A4 solo jams I made today.

[crossposting from current sounds because of :green_heart: ]

Edit: Free bass patch some posts further down. :wink:

41 Likes

Such a cool mood.

1 Like

Thanks for listening! :pray:

2 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying your A4 postings lately, keep em coming!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Strutter! That really means a lot to me. There’s more to come for sure. Some things waiting to be finished some more to be explored. :green_heart:

1 Like

Awesome!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a fake, you know very well we all know that the A4 is UNABLE to make good bass …

3 Likes

Maybe it’s once in a lifetime?! :grin:

2 Likes

Just to jump in this band wagon….a4 mk1 jam with aforementioned impossible bass sounds

19 Likes

Same as it ever was

(No, seriously, it was impressive. Post the patch, you will get fifty likes.)

4 Likes