Isla S2400

Not to mention you can get a phono pre-amp for as little as about £20 in the unlikely event you don’t have one (but how are you listening to records then?)

1 Like

And it’s quicker to download a high quality rip and dump to sd card than actually Get out the record and set things up.

As with all gear.
Read up on what it does and buy it
Or
Buy the old one , if the omissions on the new one are so important then stump up the cash to get the original
Or
Make your own
Or
Don’t buy it and move on.
Or
Wait for someone else to make a perfect clone

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a problem (I was never going to buy one anyway) just explaining the difference between having it built-in and not.

The other change I’ve just noticed is it seems to have been renamed to S2400 rather than SP2400.

He changed it as the original name was too close to the SP1200. Just a marketing move to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Why would I go buy a cheap piece of junk when I own professional gear? Also, you don’t seem to understand how records and styluses work, cuz you won’t ruin a needle by “sampling”.

Pffff wait.wait
wait.
Let’play off with updates now dude

But as Darenger already stated. How can you own Professional turntable and not have a Mixer or Amp with a line-output. Thats like improbable. Obviously somethings missing in your Arsenal :rofl:

I honestly just hate misinformation and when people spread it. There is honestly no need for this @HiGrade1 post. Please do research before spreading misinformation. It really doesn’t help anybody.

Please check photo of input board.

That’s 2x Stereo Inputs (on the left), Then 2x Phono Rca jacks both have phono pre amps built in you can hook up two turntables or use one set for a turntable and one for rca line level, The next 2x 1/4" jacks are the Main Output (which as you can see is stereo), the 8 Separate outputs for the 8 voices.

Cheaper knobs? Micro knobs for volume/gain? Red record button? Micro Sd ? Honestly man, what are you talking about? Look at some photos of the unit. The main encoder knob he used is a GreyHill Optical Encoder which is one of the best encoders you could be asking for. Full size SD. Literally everything you just complained about doesn’t even exist. You literally made up all these problems. I don’t know why?

Went back to a mono model? …Dude. Last year he redesigned the board to make is a STEREO UNIT.

Using some convertor or different cable? What are you talking about here? You need to just take sometime and do some research.

Here are photos of the boards from his contractor in production … Scroll through the photos and see the boards and casing

This is a very well built machine.

10 Likes

That’s different from the picture and list of I/O at https://www.islainstruments.com/product/s2400/

The picture of the back of the unit shows microSD.

That looks like a 3D mockup not a real photo, and from before renaming it from SP2400 to S2400, but it is a bit confusing.

@PofM That is one of the first 3D Renders he did. Unfortunately he hasn’t updated the information on the website. Yes. That it is confusing that he hasn’t updated the site. I don’t go on there for information. I used the website last year to pre-order and that’s it. I’ve been following on instagram and in the facebook group since the beginning. That is why I know this.

BUT if you actually just search around. Maybe click on the NEWS link on his website, actually read the updates and see the photos and video of the actual unit going into production. Or go to his instagram or the facebook group where he updates his process as well. There you can see the process he has gone through dating back to last year and the different renders he has done all the way up to the final 2400.

Again you can see the photos from his contractors making the boards that he has updated in his news feed. You can see the metal casing top and back. You can see all the wonderful I/O he has put in. So there is no need to be spreading misinformation when all the info you need is in his News updates.

Here are the links for the people who don’t want to search:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sp2400/?ref=pages_profile_groups_tab&source_id=1037273942970951

https://www.islainstruments.com/facebook-to-blog/

4 Likes

Good call, I made my comment after checking the website and seeing what looked like a downgraded product without all the I/O that’s been talked about. Good to see that it’s actually the opposite. I’m very tempted by this!

3 Likes

Dude, what the feck are you blabbering about?
I don’t think one thing you said there about my machine is true… lol

13 Likes

Yo Brad I just watched the latest video with the newest sequencer features, it looks sooo fun to use!!! Nice job dude.

2 Likes

hopefully that helps to finish up the Kordbot’s sequencer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so you’re saying that i shouldn’t use the info provided on the official website? cuz they don’t keep it updated?! that makes a lot of sense… i should definitely have to search all over the web for info, and should not rely the site selling the product to give accurate information?! that’s obviously the model other companies use right? yeah, feck that. update yor site with the right info dude and people won’t be confused. it’s a simple concept really.

2 Likes

If I didn’t have 3 samplers already, this would be an instant purchase for me, back when kordbot was new I was going to get one :grin::blush: but the squarp was more my style.

1 Like

You could’ve simply contacted the dev for info, or asked around, if you had any questions about conflicting specs online; rather than posting some long-winded diatribe about all the things you yourself don’t actually know, which only stands to spread misinformation and add to the noise and confusion.

Regardless, the tone of your original post clearly betrays the chip you had on your shoulder going in, and as a result, now you get to eat crow. :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes

It’s true, though. For people not following the project, the official site is most likely the source they’ll go to for information.
www.islainstruments.com really should be up to date.

4 Likes

Take the high road “dude”.
He actually made good points about a lack of proper info and how that is lacking in professionalism.

Btw, your sampler looks sweet regardless. I’m still a fan.

4 Likes

Well, that’s exactly it though—people are following a “project”: i.e. a work in progress.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the interest in rubber-necking, speculating, and anticipating things to come. I don’t, however, think that a little misinformation online is really anyone’s concern, and certainly not worth going on an ill-informed verbal tear; at least until such time as the product has been brought to market, and money is to be exchanged.

There have been countless threads on this forum, thousands of posts long, full of insults and heated debates about everything from functionality to price point, over products that were nothing more than a concept sketch and a Kickstarter blurb. Frankly, it’s ridiculous.

The SP-2400 is an ambitious undertaking by a very small team, and we should be thankful that the process has been so transparent. If I were working on something this involved, no one would know anything about it, until it was ready to be seen; and posts like the one above are the reason why.

If you don’t know, or if you think you’ve found a mistake, just ask… You might even be helping the developer in the process.

Cheers!

2 Likes