Is the Analog Drive pedal solid for guitar?

Only with guitar, it if you use a Mixing Link from Eventide, you can put it in the loop.

Check the Analog Drive, plenty of sounds can be had, and presets.

(And please avoid derailing a thread)

Anyone knows what AD circuit is the closest to a Pro Co Rat clone ?

I saw a cheap one, but I’m not sure if it is worth it having AD.

I don’t remember the specifics but I read this once and remember it being very detailed, might have something you can learn towards your question.

3 Likes

gotta mirror the sentiment that I don’t really care for the AD so much on guitar, but I like it a lot for really making synths sound gross. I got it on sale for like 80 bucks years ago so it was a bargain for me. Idk if I’d get one for much more though, the AH just sounds that much better for general use.

1 Like

For incredible 89€ price AD was no brainer and worth it ! I still have 2 ADs (first one for 150€ 2nd). Different from AH, can get much nastier…

2 Likes

thinkin about snaggin one of these to use in my live guitar rig . but i noticed on a lot of digitally controlled drive pedals, there are pops/clicks or small audio dropouts between patch/circuit changes. has anyone noticed anything like that with this pedal ???

Seems normal to me if it happens when you change circuits. Not too bad imho, but I didn’t check in a preset change context. (Usually tweaking same preset).
Beware, pretty noisy with high gain setting, noise gate probably necessary.

Analog Heat can be a very good contender. Cleaner, less noise, filter. I prefered its Octave Fuzz.
For dirty sounds AD is better.

1 Like

AD did end up a bit noisy for my taste in the guitar chain. Would probably be fun in high gain, heavy distortion scenarios. Would’ve needed significant noise suppression for me - probably too much.

1 Like

Just wanted to add my 2¢ here, I bounced off the Heat back in the day, it didn’t do it for me as a mix bus or synth effect. But I got a Drive specifically as an analog front end to an HX Stomp for guitar recording and it’s maybe my favorite distortion pedal of all time. I’m really overjoyed by it. I don’t find it noisy! Or, if it is, that’s just part of what distortion is all about imo.

3 Likes

I dont know if ive ever had the opportunity to do this honestly until now:

+1 :smile:

1 Like

AD is much noisier than AH, which can be a really good guitar fx btw…

Noise reduction for me too with AD.