Is This Every Variation Feature?

What a thread. This is basically a reminder of why this is my favorite piece of hardware ever for live performance.

Scale Length

This made me realize that we can actually insta-switch the scale length of a track in the scale menu using the trig keys. This opens up a really cool way for live pattern remixing on the fly!

3 Likes

This sounds fun, I haven’t experimented with the LFO as much as I’d like yet but will be soon.

Could you give an example or scenario of how you do this?

1 Like

You’re right, this is a good way to mix things up!

I assume you’re talking about the Advanced tab in the Scale page right?

Now I’m thinking about what to do if you end up creating variations you like (such as this) and want to save them to use later.

I think it basically comes down to copying the kit to another empty slot, then copying the changes from the one you’re experimenting with to the new one.

2 Likes

I assume you’re talking about the Advanced tab in the Scale page right?

Exactly. You can then only copy the pattern to a new one if you want to keep a variation of what you came up with (the track lengths are saved with the pattern and are independent of the kit)

2 Likes

I sometimes long for a TV Tropes of song design so i can experiment with every single trope and “master” them and get better at knowing expectations to subvert them.

The usual art-school “rules” and popular convention you learn in order to ignore.

Sure there are a few “i hate this popular music trope” threads, but something more organized and value-neutral.

Time for writing out notecards, or creating a OneNote sheet!

5 Likes

Setting custom retrig values for each tracks (using the retrig menu in chromatic mode) and pressing retrig + trig key(s) can create some pretty nice on the fly stutter/glitch effects for a pattern.

Variation: Setting “always on” for a track is also great for instant repeats using the trig keys.

1 Like