Is there a way to preview single cycle waves?

Hi,

is there a cunning way to preview single cycle waves when assigning a sample to a track? I mean – I can preview them (Func + Yes), but they’re not looping, so it’s just a very shot transient. Not really usable.

Cheers,
Lukasz

1 Like

i think Func + Yes previews a sound through the currently selected track, though I could be wrong. In which case set the active track to one that loops and preview from there?

No, you can’t preview a sample with loop on. Unlike the AR the previewed sample isn’t effected by the track settings. You can always place a single trigger, make the appropriate loop and envelope settings, press play and scroll through the different samples.

2 Likes

Thats what I would have thought, only good for directly changing a track sample though, adding samples to the project doesnt preview through the track parameters.

Yes

1. Set track to loop.
  2. Func + SRC = Assign.
  3. Func + Yes to replace the currently assigned sample.
  4. Browse for the single cycle you want to preview
  5. Press Yes to select it
  6. Now you can preview it by using the trig key or using the chromatic keyboard
14 Likes

What I did is resolving the problem, but it’s tedious- I created a new project, loaded all the single cycle waves and assigned them to different tracks (all of them looped of course), and then I saved each of them as “sounds” in a special bank. I needed to do it in order to get to know all the single-cycle waves that Digitakt has, I got to know my instrument ;). Now all of them are more “available” at any moment.

4 Likes

Just came in to post exactly this, and decided to do a quick search, first. This would be super useful. With a folder full of SCWs, previewing to select a sample just plays an audible blip.

A special folder for SCWs that are treated as loops when previewed would be incredibly helpful.

It’s been a while since I had DT but I’m pretty sure you can follow @AAAzz‘s advice but on step 5 press FUNC + YES to temporarily load the sample into the slot. Therefore I think I remember using my little finger and thumb of my left hand for selecting samples, then using the trig key with my right to quickly audition them. I might be entirely wrong about this, but it’s worth a try with your DT :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AAAzz post above is the best way IMHO.

Previewing single cycle waveforms in the current track sound context (filters, amp and fx) is very helpful.

1 Like