Is there a way to preview samples?

Just hit the Pad while you’re holding down the trig.

3 Likes

14 months in and I didn’t know…

And probably not the last thing to discover :wink:

1 Like

i was looking for exactly the same question. i am on the rytm mk2 and the func+yes-key gives a preview of the sample in the sample manager. so, thanks for the help!

So, I just got a Rytm, and I’ve had one a couple of times before, so I know that the volume has to be up on the ‘Sample’ page before I can hear anything. But even with the ‘Synth’ page off, I Can’t hear the sample at all. What’s going on? The volume is full up. This is insanely weird. I could hear the sample loud and clealy through that particular pad I was loading it to when previewing it in Ram or +Drive mode. With a synth engine engaged I can hear sound, no problem. This really boggles me. Restartet the unit. Still nothing :pensive:

Aarh never mind. Figured out that I had to turn sample on in trig mode. Haha.

1 Like

I have the same issue.
No sound when previewing samples from the sample list.

Sample mode is ON and level all the way up. Track is unmuted.

What else could it be that’s not jumping out at me?

@PurpulAfect check the amp envelope and filter - if either are closed, you won’t hear anything I think. Also if the loaded sound has some weird LFO settings modulating the level or filter cutoff, that might be causing it. If the amp hold is set to auto, check your trig length

Thanks, I’ll look out for these things. Since loading some other project preview is working, so I believe it must be related to one of those settings you mentioned.

I have been experiencing this confusion as well. It definitely worked for me in the past and recently stopped.

After some experimenting i found if the lfo is set to influence sample slots, which id say is quite a common one, then function + yes preview doesn’t play the sound. It lights up the pad but no audio.

This is, i think, maybe a bug, or at least not desirable. I guess it’s due to playing through that track with all its settings, which in almost every case is a good thing, except there.

Still, not a big one and easy to work around once you know what it is. Something to be aware of