Is there a way to copy a midi track from one elektron to another?

Hi! More than a year ago I started my journey with elektron :slight_smile: I started with digitakt basically to implement it live and as a production tool. I spent half of last year doing a live set in which in addition to samples I sequenced some of my synthesizers (106, rev2, subsequent and poly800).
It turns out that at the end of the year I decided to get the A4 Mk2 to add some analog layers and even on some occasions to replace some heavy synthesizers for the live. I decided to replace and adapt some midi tracks that I already had assembled in the digi to use them with the analog (that is, I controlled the analog from the digi).
Now my big problem is that I want to release those four midi tracks from the digi and program them again in the A4. I tried to get started but because my hard work is so complex, I couldn’t even begin to re-program it. I tried to re-record the channels but having so many automated steps and overlapping steps that I couldn’t do it this way.
My big question is: is there any way to copy a midi track from digitackt to analog four?

Welcome to the forum!

There is no direct copy function but you may have some success in simply playing the MIDI data from the MIDI Out port of the DT and recording what arrives at the MIDI In port of the AF. It may help to synchronize the two sequencers.

But it is unlikely to work well if MIDI CC messages are part of your sequencing because the AF can only send MIDI note messages and not MIDI CC messages.

5 Likes

Thanks Peter, I tried it but since it also sends midi cc the glitchy thing and it stresses me more than re-programming it easy.
It is sad that there are no forms, I am almost sure that all of the elektronauts would be a great tool.
I hope that in the next machines you can copy a pattern in the palm of your hand and insert it into the other machine.

Theoretically you can disable CC receiving in A4 and record notes only.

1 Like

Yes, it is also sad because I have many automated parameters that are overwritten when triggered a second time.

1 Like