Is there a screen protector on the Digitone by default that you're supposed to peel off?

My screen has small scratches all over it and looks a little blurry… Is there a screen protector on it? The edges look like something I should be able to peel off but I don’t want to try and accidentally mess it up…

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes

now you’ll see better and let’s hope your machine is a good one!

1 Like

You can always leave it on to keep it in tip top shape. Though it’s kinda like covering your brand new couch with plastic.

2 Likes

I just peeled mine off and it felt so good!

3 Likes

I always peel the plastic off of the Elektron machines… about a year after I have them.

3 Likes

Leaving mine on here not like it’s touch screen. Lol these little boxes make me smile

2 Likes

Wait, is there supposed to be one on my Digitakt as well? I felt like I tried to before, but seemed like I was starting to remove something more substantial, so I stopped.

1 Like

I kept it on my monomachine for three years, almost to the day. In a way, I liked the way it looked with the plastic on…

Me too mate… Me too.

A lot of people save the little Gibson logo sticker that comes on the pickguard of their new Gibson Custom guitars. They stick them back on the guitar if/when they resell it. I think it actually increases the value a tad bit.

lol, it wasn’t until I bought my used Analog Rytm MKII that I noticed that the screen of my Analog Four MKII was kinda blurry. Now I understand why :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for pointing this out!

I’m a bit wary of taking off the protective film.
I took it off a DT I used to have and within 10 minutes the screen was scratched, this was wiping it with a new microfibre cloth!
I don’t think the ‘glass’ screen is very hard wearing.
I’ve a DN I bought second hand with the protective film off and I’ve managed to get a wee finger smudge mark on a pristine screen… Like I say I’m wary of wiping the smudge off coz I’ll end up scratching the screen…maybe

Peeel it slower you s l u t s !

What will really get you is when you peel it off and months later your screen looks super weird so you put in a fix request and they ask if you have peeled the plastic off and you say yes…only to realize that it had TWO layers of plastic and now you feel like a dummy.

3 Likes

Savvis sells universal rectangular screen protectors. I used one of those, although the one I had is a little smaller then DTs display.
Alternatively you can cut one out of any smartphone protector you may have

I’m blown away! After owning the Digitakt for 10 months now, I just realized that there’s a plastic cover on the screen. I peeled it off and wow, what a difference. The screen is so clear now, the old plastic had a lot of wear on it but it’s only obvious to me now.

Anyway, I’m sure this is not news to many of you but I’m totally excited :smile: and just wanted to share in case others may not know (I had to use a sharp blade to lift one of the corner).

2 Likes

Sure, you could take it off, but then you risk being that guy in 10 months who’s posting on here asking how to get errant short and curlies out from under the screen.