Is there a screen protector on the Digitone by default that you're supposed to peel off?

My screen has small scratches all over it and looks a little blurry… Is there a screen protector on it? The edges look like something I should be able to peel off but I don’t want to try and accidentally mess it up…

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes

now you’ll see better and let’s hope your machine is a good one!

1 Like

You can always leave it on to keep it in tip top shape. Though it’s kinda like covering your brand new couch with plastic.

2 Likes

I just peeled mine off and it felt so good!

2 Likes

I always peel the plastic off of the Elektron machines… about a year after I have them.

3 Likes

Leaving mine on here not like it’s touch screen. Lol these little boxes make me smile

1 Like

Wait, is there supposed to be one on my Digitakt as well? I felt like I tried to before, but seemed like I was starting to remove something more substantial, so I stopped.

1 Like

I kept it on my monomachine for three years, almost to the day. In a way, I liked the way it looked with the plastic on…

Me too mate… Me too.

A while back I bought a Korg ER-1 Mk 1 that still has the plastic screen protector on it… 19 years and counting.

1 Like

A lot of people save the little Gibson logo sticker that comes on the pickguard of their new Gibson Custom guitars. They stick them back on the guitar if/when they resell it. I think it actually increases the value a tad bit.

lol, it wasn’t until I bought my used Analog Rytm MKII that I noticed that the screen of my Analog Four MKII was kinda blurry. Now I understand why :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for pointing this out!

I’m a bit wary of taking off the protective film.
I took it off a DT I used to have and within 10 minutes the screen was scratched, this was wiping it with a new microfibre cloth!
I don’t think the ‘glass’ screen is very hard wearing.
I’ve a DN I bought second hand with the protective film off and I’ve managed to get a wee finger smudge mark on a pristine screen… Like I say I’m wary of wiping the smudge off coz I’ll end up scratching the screen…maybe

Peeel it slower you s l u t s !

What will really get you is when you peel it off and months later your screen looks super weird so you put in a fix request and they ask if you have peeled the plastic off and you say yes…only to realize that it had TWO layers of plastic and now you feel like a dummy.

2 Likes