Is there a Factory Reset in Octatrack MK-2?

Thanks. Will try that, I don’t download files often, hope its not a pain to do.

1 Like

where is the register link on Elektron? I can’t find it, there’s only products info. I need to register 4 electron instruments. Actual URL would help.

1 Like

Thanks Nitty, my bad (duh) I did a google search, that did it. :roll_eyes:

I registered, I think. I dont see where the “My Sound Packs”. Its 4.9 GB big, “Octatrack MKII Factory Content” is.

well, I dont have anything on the flash card, I bought it used, so how can I do anything?

Copy some samples from a computer to the CF card.

1 Like

I plugged usb cable from my MacBook Pro to the ot, dont see anything on desktop to transfer. I went on sample packs, looking for OT mk2, I cant find the original Flash stuff that was supposed to come with my OT. Frustrated. some files are for a4, but says compatible for ot2, It says press Function and Mixer, must be for OT- 1, there is no ‘Mixer’ button on OT-2, the mix brings up the metronome

I suggest that you read the manual.

3 Likes

I read the entire quick start manual.

Read in the manual part 8.5.1 USB DISK MODE.
Please take your time and read the whole manual. Then you could perhaps remember where to look if you need help in the first place.

1 Like

ok thx, I see the drive on my Mac as NO NAME. theres an empty Loopmasters folder and other text files etc. So now what?

This is what you want … download it, unzip it , then put on the compact flash either usb drive mode on octatrack or an external card reader.

Note: you want the preset ii folder,
Then when you insert into octa , you need to ‘change set’

2 Likes

sounds good, but where is that? I just searched on Elektron, that exact phrase, its says nothing found.

You need to be registered , and add your octatrack serial number
Then when logged in go to your profile menu (top right corner) , select sound packs

2 Likes

Great, that was it. I needed to register for the Newsletter and re-enter my SN for the Octa-2. Downloading the Factory Content file now…
I never got any little cheat sheet with this used OT for quick startup or anything. Thats why I was completely in the dark.

3 Likes

ok, thanks, see it now. I was already able to load one of my own .wav samples (not bad for my 2nd day)… I already want a 2nd OT.

2 Likes

is there a bound hard-copy manual of Octa Mk2 available, like the Machinedrum manual? Written on real paper pages?

There is, but you’d be better off just just get a print shop to print the pdf

Instead of trying to hunt it down

2 Likes

Peter, thanks. Working thru it.