Is the only way to sample into the Digitakt over USB to enable the Digitakt as a soundcard?

I’ve been scratching my head at this. I would like to be able to load up clips or samples from my DAW (Ableton) into Digitakt using the sample feature. I use an audio interface already (Arturia Audiofuse). I have the sampler set to USB L+R and no audio is received. I’ve tried setting the Audio To channel but theres no option for Digitakt.

Only way I’ve been able to get the Digitakt to recognize audio from the DAW is if I change it at my soundcard which doesn’t work for me, I’d like to be able to make Drum sounds or even loops with my external synths are process them in Digitakt which means I’d have to plug them out of my Audiofuse into the Digitakt.

Is there a way to record audio to the digitakt without setting it as a soundcard?

(I know I could use Elektron Transfer but if I could get this working it would be so much smoother)

Edit:

I just realized I could use the additional speaker outs to record that way. This will work fine because I only have one pair of speakers (Audiofuse has 4 speaker outs plus 4 headphone outs) so I can utilize that to record audio.

Still curious if theres a way to do it over the USB without setting the Digitakt as the soundcard though.

1 Like

I have mine setup same as you figured out, with additional outs from my interface going in. I couldnt figure out a way to use usb without the digitakt being the soundcard, hopefully thats a possible future addition.

3 Likes

any news on this? thought the digitakt is runnung as a soundcard nevertheless und you could run it side by side with your normal interface. but i also can´t figure out how to sample into the digitakt via USB from Ableton.

i want my Digitakt do be the soundcard. I want to hear all the external synths and vst:s and sample all that I want from ableton to Digitakt. Both external synths and vst:s.

My setup right now: Nord modular G1, Waldorf blofeld and Roland sh-1 in to a Behringer xenyx qx1002 usb mixer and the mixer goes in to a Focusrite scarlett soundcard. My monitors going to monitor out on the Focusrite scarlett. I use windows and Ableton and I use the Behringer mixer as my soundcard right now.

I am insicure about the room for Digitakt in all this. My tought is to connect the behringer mixer to the external in on the digitakt and the Digitakt outputs to Focusrite scarlett. And then use the Digitakt as soundcard? do this work? I dosent want to hurt my gear or ears. Is there another way around this?

TVTooth