Is the analog four/rytm firmwares ready or will there be updates?

Its probably a weird question, but as I understand it, octatracks firmware is supposed to be complete, but how about the analog four/rytm? Im new to Elektron and I dont know where else to ask these questions. I probably should subscribe to some elektron news mail but does anybody know? The keys/rytm seem pretty complete to me but there are things Id love to see updated (being able to plock AK arpeggiator direction into the sequencer for instance…)

Have a nice weekend!

Rytm will get at least one more update to make it compatible with the new Sample Transfer app.

2 Likes

Don’t think so because there are still bugs, they said they didn’t give up.
Pre-slice impossibility in Os 1.25H maid me downgrade to 1.25E.

Actually I usually use OT’s Arp to control A4, and some improvements would be welcome, but I’ll do with it anyway ! :content:
(Edit, you can use plock and lfos with Ot’s arp.)

Are you talking about the OT? OP is taking analog four and analog rytm.

I’d bet we’ll see one or two more for the rytm, probably none for the a4.

I highly doubt we’ll see any OT updates. I think it’s “done” bugs and all.

There will definitely be bug fix releases for all devices and the odd tweak added to A4/R (that is definitely a possibility, whereas we know OT is limited to bug fixes) … I suspect when things quieten down at Elektron and there are no crashing DTs (working OB) etc then we’ll see some small os releases … especially for the AR to make it compatible with the transfer app

2 Likes

? Did you read everything ?
The OP thinks Octatracks firmware is supposed to be complete, and wish A4’s Arp improvements.
This is my answer.

One would think it would make commercial sense to update the ar and a4 to push and pull sales along with the dt.
Get first time buyers with dt to grab an a4.

If I worked in the elektron marketing department-and here’s some free advice- I’d do this:

A4 update - para on each track.
Ar - a new and extra sample player machine

New stuff is always nice :slight_smile: A few other tweaks I’d love to see made to my AK too (simple stuff like longer time to choose LFO destinations before the screen auto-reverts to params page…). But after witnessing the DT tease/pre-order/bugginess it seems pretty clear that enough people will buy/workaround anything Elektron do ‘as is’… Their marketing department is pretty much just wasted money/resources :wink: Not needed… Anything Cenk demos is going to sell :wink: Might be different story in a year or so when more things like Deluge/Mpc live appear that are a little more rounded out in certain ‘elektron’ areas (better screen on the deluge, p-locks on the Live…)…

This feature would be great.
Might be doable, I succeeded to emulate this controling the 2 osc individually with external keyboard and Ep+ midi processor, mapping notes to each Osc, LEVEL0 for notes off. 8 para voices. :content:

3 Likes

For the analog keys, I’d love for Elektron to figure out a way to record the joystick. I’m still holding out hope!

3 Likes

I’m guessing you cannot rec the joystick by hooking up a MIDI loopback cable (MIDI out to MIDI in)?

Interesting idea, that should work, but the problem is that you can’t hear the results as you move the joystick (in my case, it is to modulate my modular).

Thanks!

How about if you use multimap config to massage things up? Could that help?

That’s what I do now, so I can control two cvs ±5v simultaneously. But I ALSO want to record those 2 cv streams.

With the black paint and price increase im hopeful with the delays since last firmware updates (and plethora of nice DT updates) that we’re due something special for the analogs , but when?

3 Likes

The analog four’s 10th anniversary is at the end of november/early december. If any major firmware updates are coming for the analogs, hopefully it will be around that time. Its been 2 years since the last updates, so any day now would be great… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Honestly, I do not hope for anything major, a few tweaks and improvements in the realm of what’s already there would be nice. Major changes on a pretty matured platform tend to introduce bugs and feature creep has never been a good idea from a UI perspective.

When it comes to real big changes I’d rather hope Elektron is wise enough to put these into a new dedicated product. It’s time for some real innovation after ten years time!

1 Like