Is the an A4 equivilant to 'Function + yes/no' on Takt/Tone?

Hey!

I recently got an A4 and am really digging it. But what I couldn’t find out yet, is whether there is a shortcut like ‘Function + yes/no’ which for example the Digitakt has. Basically, it saves and recalls the current state of the machine, which is really handy when recording multiple takes.

I know there are some shortcuts like ‘yes + pattern’ but so far, I found nothing with the same effect. Maybe I just don’t understand the A4’s shortcuts right. But if some of you more experienced users could provide some insights, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi !

You can save/reload the kit with ‘yes+kit’ and ‘no+kit’.
However, it affects only the sound parameters but not the sequencer part like on the digi machines.

1 Like

The sequencer part is saved via save+pattern.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help. I was irritated when yes+pattern wouldn’t save the sound parameters as well. yes+kit is what I was looking for. Problem solved in under 5 minutes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m now actually wondering what save+sound and save+track on my rytm will save. Never used them before. I guess they save the individual track sound and pattern instead of the whole 12 tracks. Would be very luxury safety options then. I must try this when I’m back home.

Always new things to discover. :blush:

1 Like

https://www.elektronauts.com/files/224

Save pattern on AR is a little goofy and not what you’d expect, still useful, I’ve found just reload pattern more useful… Might be the same for A4 I don’t know…

1 Like

It’s the same behaviour on the A4.

1 Like