Is the A4 with its four voices now "out of date"?

The idea of a musical instrument being out of date is a ridiculously consumerist concept.

7 Likes

Well I just got my Analog 5 today, and the cowbell is much snappier than the old Analog 4 :cb:

/ ok, I think the poor guy has got his answer.

1 Like

I love so much that the :cb: is the signal for some joke or mischevious comment :smiley:

5 Likes

I don’t know man… I’ve been feeling like my old saxomophone is out of date cuz I have to blow air through it, and the presets suck. I need to get a new one with the dope wobble-bass presets.

5 Likes

So you detune 8 oscillators and subs, and then what?
:clap:

Ok, point taken.

2 Likes

Dude, we’re just getting started!

:ecstatic:

1 Like

It’s not out of date depending on what you need. In honesty if you want a ton of voices and many way multi timbrality you’re probably better off going digital and buying something like an access virus TI which many people will similarly consider “out of date” and yet somehow is still great sounding and massively powerful.

3 Likes

I think the blofeld is a great complement to the A4. Small, great display, massive routing capabilities, and the grainy Waldorf sound really compliments A4’s.

1 Like

If something’s out of date, it also means it won’t be long before it’s retro and thus even more cool.

1 Like

So, the consensus seems that it’s not out of date and does crazy advanced stuff, but still just sell or trade the thing if you really just want to play chords, it’s all about wether you like it or not…
The forum can bite the further down the thread you are if peolple don’t read the whole thing and understand its your first synth and everything… No worries, be happy…

5 Likes

@Dusk1983 See ? There are also very nice+positive people here :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Vangelis is one of my favorite musicians/composers. A huge influence on me. What’s amazing about his work is if you listen to his stuff from the 70s/80s, it still sounds futuristic even now.

1 Like

And still alive ! My questions were ironical of course. I don’t complain about my A4.
DT is already out of date before shipping with mono samples and 64MB RAM ! :grin:

i love that

1 Like

“Analog Synt” needs to happen! Same basic form factor as AK. But with:

• 8 voice poly.
  • Bigger display.
  • More dedicated parameter controls on the face panel. I hate the fact that the filter, amp and osc’s are separated.
  • Sustain pedal input.
  • Upgraded keybed. Needs a bit more weight.
  • Analog overdrive and comp in the amp section.
  • Priced below 1599 USD.

I also want a “Digisynt” with:

• Resurrected Monomachine engines.
  • 49 key keyboard.
  • 12-16 voice poly.
  • OB
  • New effects including bitcrush and sample rate reduction.

Plus you could midi sync nanoloop to the A4, sent back through the A4’s reverb. it would be <3

1 Like

I’d like to add a small point to the overall discussion. Say you did trade the A4 for a DM12. You’re still going to have to multi-track to get some of the layers you want… pads/bass/lead. Some of the most amazing tracks I’ve done with the A4 are multitracked. My stuff is decent, but this user I found here is a good inspiration to some of the textures you can get from multi-tracking the A4/AK. https://soundcloud.com/invisible-acropolis

1 Like

well you can trick it a bit performance macro and amp level and osc level opposite

i guess you find a studio tour explaining video
those mechanical displays for instruments for program change are great