Is it worth getting A4 Mk1 for 60% of Mk2?

MK2 = It’s way overpriced, less stable, more bricking or freezing possibility, stupid marketing bass frequency ranges talk, ugly looking grey faceplate, …

Looking back in history of synth, etc all first units seem to have ‘that magic’, 'flavour", collectors item, etc The first is mostly the best in many cases like movies, gear, albums, books,etc! You will feel super happy when buying a supercheap underrated synth like A4 mk1! Too bad it does not have some sort of poly chain or I would have bought another mk1!

1 Like

I stayed 1.5 year with a nice Californian neighbour in Paris. I don’t regret it. :wink:

I also tried 3 chained neighbors, but with A4 MKI! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, already got my A4 Mk1 some time ago & love it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

my neighbour bought a bird. extremely annoying

1 Like

Wouldn’t pay extra for a mk2

1 Like

True! I’m barely able to fit a mk1 in my workstation- Can’t afford the money or the space.

I’d say the most alluring thing about the mk2s are the buttons. The style of buttons from the digitakt going forwards are just super fun to touch. Some people on the forum say they even like pushing them even when not operating the unit. :smiley:

After that, the instant perf knob and the 24-bit streaming on each track.

But I have a special place in my heart for operating the mk1.

Imitate it with A4!
I heard that MKII is better to mimic birds. :content:

2 Likes

no, you just have to turn the overdrive the other way around. Same birds on mk1

2 Likes

OSC Feedback i Heard is great to scare birds and dogs away and talk to dolphins and Orcas!

4 Likes

Mk1 is my favourite out of everything I own.

1 Like

No idea. Bit of a shame given what I paid for mine pre mk2 haha, but to be honest I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of any of my Elektron gear so not to worry. Each machine is just too inspiring on its own (and combined) to get rid of any of them!

Was playing with my A4 mk1 for the first time in months just now and it’s an awesome machine. For the prices they go for it’s a no brainier.

2 Likes