Is it possible to record the previewed audio while editing? samples?

can the audio coming out from previewing a sample in the audio editor (Func+Yes), routed somewhere, so that it can be recorded? in REC3 i guess?

Not REC1/2 for sure, unless you use cables.
I’d try REC3 SRC3, MAIN first.
Not sure if it works, Metronome can’t be recorded internally for instance.

Any benefits, compared to sample track triggering (TRIM aed page), or slices triggering (SLICE aed page) ?

2 Likes

Or “track plays free” with slots active and have aed open to move start/end around or something? (Im just trying to sound like I understand the OT).

1 Like

Tested. It works. I forgot to try SRC3 T1-8

2 Likes

Thanks! i think i’ve got it working.
Benefits: i love the sound when scrubbing around the sample, and particularly when changing the loop points to a very close distance. You get those harmonic series, you know?

You can get more control than with Preview.

You can get same sound and record it in the sequencer playing the sample with trigs 9-16, or chromatically.

You can even modulate Trim points and play the same sample on several tracks having different settings.

Modulate Trim with a sequence with different SRC page Start points…, and lfo on Start…

1 Like

thanks! very cool ideas. I got to watch the video and read some things a couple of times more though. Hey, it’s my first two months with this devil.

1 Like

The Octatrack can be quite granular-esque [example inside] - #29 by sezare56
You can also grab audio from radio to do so :

2 Likes