Is it possible to copy an entire single track pattern onto another track pattern?

Can a single track pattern be copied to another track pattern in its entirety? Or am I right to assume that to do so you must copy n’ paste the track sound and then each track page?

yes you can. make sure you’re not in grid rec mode and on the pattern you want to copy …then copy, move to your target pattern and paste…

edit: oh wait, single track you said… not so sure now

Yes . Just use copy/paste track , but it’l Copy track sound too…

If you mean pattern data from 1 track to another but keep the already asigned track sound ??
If you copy it a page at a time it’ll keep the assigned track sound.

So
On main pattern select track sound eg.track 1
Stick some notes in

On track2 select your sound
Instead of copying track from 1 to 2
Select the page on track 1 that you want to copy.
Select copy page (hold down page ,copy while record is on)
Go to track 2
Select the page you want to put notes on.
Hold page and paste (which record is on)
And the notes wil copy over but still be heard with trk2 sound.

Or use copy/paste track the normal way and re-select the track sound.

I’m not sure it it would work with p-locked sounds etc , but keep things simple and the above should work.
So either you do page copy up to 4 times to get everything , or you copy the entire thing and reselect the track sound…

Try the things above with record on / off , one of them makes it copy a pattern , one will copy a track

1 Like

Thank you. Oh well, no real direct way of doing so.

Too bad there isn’t an OT way of doing it… Page copy is the way-to-go then? Gotta get used to it, not that bad alright :slight_smile:

To copy paste all track trigs, just go to GRID RECORDING mode, then press [FUNC] + [REC], then go to the track you want, then [FUNC] + [STOP]. You have to copy the track sound separately, but it should be easier than copying each page individually.

3 Likes

It’s absolutely doable. COPY TRK SEQ is a thing you can do. It copies the entire sequence (unlike COPY PAGE) and doesn’t include the sound (unlike COPY TRK)

I forget exactly which mode and key combo does it, but Jengamon’s suggested copy then track button when in grid mode sounds plausible.