Is it possible to chain songs in song mode?

Are you not able to chain songs on in song mode? Or change songs without stopping playback? I haven’t been able to do this.

No and no.

The workaround might be to put as many of your songs into one Song, if you see what I mean.

Thanks bro thats what I thought. I guess Ill have to start building my set around sending pattern changes to it from OT. Or just make one really long song and skip to different parts like you recommended. Any other possible work arounds you can think of?

Hey, don’t know if you figured this out, but I like to make long songs, ~30 minutes, with many patterns moving sequentially. My workaround for the song pattern limit on my A4 is to make two songs, Part 1 and Part 2, and as Part 1 is ending, when it is on the final pattern, let’s say D16, then I load the second song, Part 2, and it immediately highlights the first pattern of Part 2, let’s say E01, while still skipping that pattern and playing the previous pattern, D16, then it will continue on pattern 2 of Part 2 sequentially, so it flows nice from start to finish without the listener noticing any skip. This works fine…it’s just a hassle to have to time it correctly, and if the BPM is really fast, this method might not be feasible.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to test this on the rytm. Does that mean it doesn’t play the 1st pattern of song 2? I play in a duo so i need to be on the exact right pattern - would I need to load song2 on the second last pattern of my 1st song and have the 1st pattern of song 2 as a kind of dummy pattern that doesnt play in order to maintain time?
Sorry for hijacking - pm me if thats the correct etiquette!!!

Load song2 on the last pattern of the first song instead of the second to last pattern. Yes and then for the first pattern of song2, just put a dummy pattern or a repeat of whatever is there. When you switch to it, it will highlight this first pattern and look like it’s playing it, while actually completing the last pattern of the first song. This method would probably be hard with a fast BPM, but my songs are usually 120bpm, and that is more than enough time to comfortably switch songs

Just make sure to save Song2 with the first pattern highlighted, so that when you switch to it, it automatically plays the first pattern of the second song

1 Like

Cheers for taking the time to explaining that man. This could be the workaround I was looking for. Will have a mess about with it tonight! Cheers :wink:

No problem! Best wishes