Is it possible for the sequencer to record joystick movement?

Hello,
It’s a step -sequencer, how would you see the joystick recording implemented ? Fluent - movement recording is impossible ( like aftertouch etc… ).
So if these movements would be recorded the results would be stepped anyhow…
This would result in fixed parameter-trigs, when using the joystick after recording all steps with recorded parameters would stay fixed. Then you would have to erase all trigless trigs step by step manually after recording, if not, no more modulation ( by joystick - aftertouch or by turning the pots ) could be done live for those fixed parameters.
For fluent joystick movement recording to be possible they would have to put a ( non-step ) midi-sequencer Inside I think…

Just the same way it’s done with the rotary encoders, by interpolating between the stepped values. (See Monomachine parameter slides as for reference)

Just the same way it’s done with the rotary encoders, by interpolating between the stepped values. (See Monomachine parameter slides as for reference)[/quote]
Parameter slides is a different thing. I don’t know the MM but I know it has a midi-sequencer.

Just the same way it’s done with the rotary encoders, by interpolating between the stepped values. (See Monomachine parameter slides as for reference)[/quote]
Parameter slides is a different thing. I don’t know the MM but I know it has a midi-sequencer. [/quote]
I just looked it up, you can find it on page 66 of the user manual. It’s called “SLIDE” and is also referred to as “parameter slide” on the bottom of the page:

As you can see in the screenshot, this technique isn’t about MIDI, since a parameter of the GND machine is used to demonstrate the feature.
Best regards,
Bolandross

1 Like

Parameter slides is a different thing. I don’t know the MM but I know it has a midi-sequencer. [/quote]
I just looked it up, you can find it on page 66 of the user manual. It’s called “SLIDE” and is also referred to as “parameter slide” on the bottom of the page:

As you can see in the screenshot, this technique isn’t about MIDI, since a parameter of the GND machine is used to demonstrate the feature.
Best regards,
Bolandross [/quote]
I see, if I understand it works like the A4, but that’s someting else than realtime smooth parameter - recording if I’m not wrong.

1 Like

Based on the time I’ve spent learning this wonderful instrument, you can also not record Performance configs? I tried but no dice.

Indeed.

1 Like

Bug report posted. I mentioned that sometimes a recording requires several attempts. And that live use of the joystick is great. But recording of improvisation is crucial for creative control! I think we have to get the message through to ‘them’. Next is midi out sequencing! Aargh :rage:

Having newly acquired an Ak and having an octatrack first - I will say that the joystick is so fun and immediate and musical that it stands on its own - and you can record/p-lock so much else that you have PLENTY of options besides.

And I initially shied away from the ak due to no midi sequencing - but once you get into elektron gear an octatrack is clearly A must buy and you can use the ak to record and squeeze 8 midi tracks with it. Problem solved.

so…by now…is it possible to record joystick movement or not yet?
im confused because im sure it was recording before i had to reset my AK after the update!

Hi everyone. Long time Elektron user. First post here.

Just traded in my 1st gen MnM and MD for an AK and have a couple quick questions:

I’m trying to layer a softsynth with the Analog Keys engine, so that the AK keyboard triggers both synths simultaneously, is this possible?

Also, is it possible to record joystick automation and analog automation? By analog I mean smooth filter sweeps e.g. It only seems to record the position of the filter at each discreet step as a p-lock, and I can’t seem to record joystick automation.

Thanks for the help!

Ok figured out the first question please disregard, still trying to figure out the real time recorded automation. Thanks

Just bumping this feature request for the next AK update. Would be of huge benefit as we can see from this thread.

2 Likes

bump +

lol I posted this nearly 2 years ago guys; I don’t think it’s gonna happen

3 Likes

I wrote them last week and this was their response.

Hi Andrew!
Thanks for contacting us.

Recording the joystick is something that lots of people request, but honestly I’m not sure if that will be implemented or not for different reasons. Personally I would love that feature.

Regarding routing the click to the separate outputs, this is not possible due to hardware limitations.

Best regards,
Martin Mellström
Elektron

Not really helpful but an answer nonetheless.

1 Like

whoo does not want this feature?
would be next level level level :slight_smile:

bump… i want :wink:

1 Like

Bump,

+1

Would be so good and useful for this to be implemented. For instance when breath controller is setup to control cutoff of both Filters in a patch it is not so easy to do the same thing controlling both knobs in parallel.
The joystick offers so much performance control and beautifully easy, shame we cannot currently use it to capture on the sequencer.

Anyway here’s hoping.

1 Like

+1
Joystick RECORD !!!

c’mon guys

1 Like